Trend Airshield Pro Battery Problem?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaco

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a Trend Airshield Pro and the battery is knackered lasts about half hour from a full charge, I have been looking and you can replace the cells in the battery (I don't fancy paying £40 for a new one) so I've been looking and the cells are Nimh 1.2v 3600mha X3 so 3.6v but on looking I can also buy Li on 3.6v 4900mha batteries so I'm wondering whether I could use a single Li on 3.6v battery and a Li on charger, what are your thoughts?

Any help really appreciated...

Hi Seaco

Would the Lithium Ion battery be a Trend product? If not, so long as it has the same connection socket/plug then it can be used. The chemical make-up of the battery doesn't matter so long as it provides the correct voltage to the machine.

Slainte!

Paul

Paul200":33kv239e said:
Hi Seaco

Would the Lithium Ion battery be a Trend product? If not, so long as it has the same connection socket/plug then it can be used. The chemical make-up of the battery doesn't matter so long as it provides the correct voltage to the machine.

Slainte!

Paul

Hi Paul

No the Trend product is 3 cells 1.2v Nimh's, I have been looking further and thinking outside the box and looked at mobile phone external battery packs they are a little large to fit into the helmet but if I just run a small lead I could pop it on my waist belt these are 3.7v Lion batteries the one I've ordered is 13000Mah, I will work a way to feed the connections into the old battery holder so I can just plug that back in. No idea if it will work but if not I'll have a battery backup for my iphone...

Latest posts

Back