Trend Airpro vs Trend Airshield.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chas, many thanks for the info.

One more question. Obviously the Power Cap does not have a electrostatic charge filter, but what does it have. Is it the same as the new Trend, the differnce being a THP1 instead of a THP2?

Cheers

Mike

Thanks Chas.
Just seen your post after i posted last :roll:
Just seems strange why they are finishing it off completely,and all of a sudden :?:
Paul.J.

Mike.C":1xzop1f7 said:
Chas, many thanks for the info.

One more question. Obviously the Power Cap does not have a electrostatic charge filter, but what does it have. Is it the same as the new Trend?

Cheers

Mike

By the looks of the two helmets I would say that the Power Cap uses standard fitting Cartridge Filters and the new Trend appears to have some form of fine mesh (felt?) bags like a miniature dust extractor.

Paul.J":2clddx80 said:
Just seems strange why they are finishing it off completely,and all of a sudden :?:
Paul.J.

Because they will no longer be allowed to sell a product relying on Static filtration within the EU.

CHJ":2xu94u74 said:
Paul.J":2xu94u74 said:
Paul.J.

Because they will no longer be allowed to sell a product relying on Static filtration within the EU.

If thats so, what about all other filteration systems, air conditioning units and air cleaners? A lto use static filters. For instance the Jet AFS-500 and AFS-1000 air cleaners?

tnimble,

If thats so, what about all other filteration systems, air conditioning units and air cleaners? A lto use static filters. For instance the Jet AFS-500 and AFS-1000 air cleaners?

You have a point there. I have just had a look and Axminster have stopped selling most of their workshop air filters.

Cheers

Mike

You might want to look at this notice and this pdf and look down to PARTICLE FILTERS March 20, 2006 here

Seems that only the French do ban some products since a couple of years and that the European Union only lay out some extra rules inclusing that the manufacturer must place a warning on the product that the filter does not perform well under all conditions.

So if i have read that correctly,it doesn't work as efficiently if the shield as been left in damp conditions :?:
Mine is left in the workshop all the time,warm and cold months :?:
Paul.J.

That is also what I read.

I'm not totally sure what is meant by damp environments might reduce efficiency. Could mean:
- while in a damp environment the filter might have reduced efficiency and might not protect you well enough.
- if the filter has been in a damp environment its efficiency might have dropped therefore the filter might protect you no longer.

This in mind, Trend may sell the filters as long as they print "do not use the airshield in a damp envionment" or they have to properly seal the filters and regulate the moisture levels in their plant and have to print "keep the filter from damp environments this damage the filter" :?:

Also it might be that the filters are not effected at all. The French government who initiated the debate and research banned only certain manufacturers filters.

So they have know for a couple of years that electrostatic charge filter may not work properly in certain conditions. This seems to be going from bad to worse :evil: :evil:

Cheers

Mike

Maybe we should all start wearing these:

SWARS046_SM3.jpg

They appear to last longer than the Trend products.

Dave

High humidity will gradually discharge the static and so gradually lower filtration efficiency - a bit of schoolday physics. I suspect hoods houldn't be left out in cold damp draughty workshops, but packed away rather like a mask with an organic vapour filter. The new sort is presumably better suited to real workshop conditions and the filter ban ensures eventual complete changeover.

tnimble,

I have been in contact with Axminster about the replacement filters for my AFS2000 workshop air filter, and they have informed me that the 2000 has been phased out and will be replaced with a JET version, and more importantly, they still stock both the pre and main filters and will continue to do so, and it is the same story for the others in the range. :lol:

HTH

Cheers

Mike

I use the Airshield if I must. It does all the good things but I find it uncomfortable and therefore it remains unused more than it should. I agree with the sentiment that lighter must be better.
Gower

Back