Transport offered

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spot on with the mileage Bob,it was 399.6 miles according to my trip computer.

Long way all the same in my van.
Lovely part of the world down there,my father lives in Dibden which is not to far away from there either.

Enjoy your trip.

Mark.

Chippyjoe":ml2mbq5s said:
Spot on with the mileage Bob,it was 399.6 miles according to my trip computer.

Long way all the same in my van.
Lovely part of the world down there,my father lives in Dibden which is not to far away from there either.

Enjoy your trip.

Mark.

Drat!! 0.1% out

Not bad for a guess.

Bob

Well, I'm man enough to admit my errors... I suppose it's a alright idea if you look at it the right way.

Aidan

It's a great idea; one of the most useful things with my pre-retirement job was having a national network of offices with folk travelling regularly to and from the centre. Got my daughter's double bass from Milton Keynes to Edinburgh for a couple of bottles of wine.
Trouble now is that Aberdeen isn't exactly on the route to many places - people are scared they will fall off the edge if they go much further north.

dickm":1tfudoc0 said:
Trouble now is that Aberdeen isn't exactly on the route to many places - people are scared they will fall off the edge if they go much further north.

I know what you mean Dick, I'm starting the medication tomorrow ready for traveling north of Watford next Wednesday :lol:

Bob

Well the forum groupage service has just passed by and pretty much spot on time too!!

Many thanks Bob and Aiden too!

Olly

The juggling community has something called juggler mail that is effective and relies on the fact that jugglers get together regularly for conventions around the country (and world, in fact) throughout the year.

If an item isn't urgent then it's taken to a convention and passed on to someone who's going in the general direction I want the item to go. They then travel to another convention or meet up with friends and the item is passed on again. Obviously it relies on trust, but I've helped pass on a variety of items including an ice axe and books. I've had a ruck sack returned to me from London via York and Durham.

For fun we set up a small stuffed bear complete with disposable camera and it was dropped off at a New Zealand juggling club. There was a message inside and a website for updates. We asked that the bear make it's way back to Bristol 12 months later and it did, although after travelling half way round the world he somehow managed to get lost in Bristol!

I got back home last night at about 10.30pm after 6 stops of varying duration.

415 miles and a bit over 8 gallons of diesel. Thanks to Steve Maskery for his hospitality and show round his home full of his handiwork and a workshop full of tools and jigs.
A fleeting meet up with OllyK at work - It was good to put a face to a name.

The rest of the visits were to do with my engineering contacts but one that may be on interest here was a modset outfit offering electric motors and inverters at what I think are very acceptable prices.
http://www.inverterdrive.com/default.aspx
No commercial connection just a satisfied customer.

Hopefully we will see some more transport offers in this forum in the future.

Bob

Back