Toys!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I finally managed to take the camera out to the shed today. The battery was dead. Then I remembered I had my phone with me so took some photos of some of the bits that came with the lathe.
There are other odds & ends, some cheapo tools and some that look home made from old files. The tools will be going straight in the nearest skip though.
All in all a pretty decent haul.

Attachments

• 1 elm burr.jpg
    1 elm burr.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 2 sorby chisels.jpg
    2 sorby chisels.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 3 chuck.jpg
    3 chuck.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 5 screw chuck.jpg
    5 screw chuck.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 6 rests.jpg
    6 rests.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 7 lathe.jpg
    7 lathe.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,016
I've used them already on the March challenge. :wink:
It's the home made and cheapo tools I will be flinging away. These micro tools are lovely for working on delicate stuff.
I love the irony that I buy a lathe that can handle much bigger stock than my previous one, then the first thing I turn is probably a smaller diameter than a £2 coin.

Tazmaniandevil":2ujwazmz said:
I love the irony that I buy a lathe that can handle much bigger stock than my previous one, then the first thing I turn is probably a smaller diameter than a £2 coin.
Makes you smile doesn't it.

Nice looking bit of elm, looking forward to seeing what you do with that.

Don't throw away the cheapy tools, I keep a bunch of them from my early days and reprofile them to other shapes for specific repeatable cuts. :D

Goulss":2bkdqrts said:
Don't throw away the cheapy tools, I keep a bunch of them from my early days and reprofile them to other shapes for specific repeatable cuts. :D

Hear Hear! Always useful if and when you need something specific but cannot buy!

I was given a whole box of things abut 10 years ago and I still find useful bits and pieces!

Regards, Peter.

Tazmaniandevil":fulaa83n said:
Grahamshed":fulaa83n said:
Nice looking bit of elm, looking forward to seeing what you do with that.
It's up in the roof space at present. I'm too scared to start anything in case I waste it.
Aye. I think I am about to learn all about that feeling. :)

Back