Toy Plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisR

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered plans from http://www.toymakingplans.com

If you have, could I ask please, what is the quality of their plans, what is their customer service like, and how do you calculate the exchange rate and carriage cost. :?

If I am having a senior moment and have asked about this company/supplier before I apologise in advance. :oops:

Having never ordered anything from outside of the UK, I am obviously very nervous. :shock:

Many thanks.

Chris R.

I ordered this
http://www.toymakingplans.com/website/P ... dster.html
from them a few weeks ago.
An altogether pleasant experience. I paid using PayPal so they did the currency conversion for me, it let me know the amount in Sterling before I committed to buy. It was $12.95 which, if memory serves, was around £8.35. I was then redirected to a download page to instantly download the plans. They also sent me an email link to the download.
The plans themselves are excellent. Full size templates to print and stick onto your stock, complete with ruler gauge on each page so you can measure and make sure they are accurately printed, step by step pictorial directions for assembly, photographs of a finished model from every imaginable angle and a full cutting list.
I was dubious about paying the price for them as they are (by my standards!) quite expensive, but I am glad I did and would have absolutely no reservations about buying more from them.
Udie (the guy that owns the site) also runs a forum on the same site so help for any queries you may have is never far away.
My finished attempt can be seen on this thread
first-toy-t84743.html

I feel I should add the now seemingly obligatory disclaimer that I have no connection with the site, I am just a very happy customer.

Bought a couple of plans plus some freebies from them good easy transactions, however they do inundate you with email offers
John

Yep, I've bought several plans from them and had several transactions. Very easy to use and buy and the plans are all downloaded once payment is received. As previously confirmed above.

The plans are of a very high standard and as they are all A4 sized you can re-print them anytime you want.

Recommended . . . tick!

Barry

Many thanks, all.

But can I deduct from all your comments that all the plans have to be downloaded and are not hard copy,s sent by post.

Thanks again.

Chris R.

ChrisR":3k8ry98i said:
Many thanks, all.

But can I deduct from all your comments that all the plans have to be downloaded and are not hard copy,s sent by post.

Thanks again.

Chris R.

Hi Chris, there doesn't seem to be any mention of mailing printed plans, only PDF downloads. Why not download the two free plans that are on the homepage and see how you get on? If you have printer problems, I could print the plans for you and stick them in the post. In fact, I know how you hate the thought of buying from abroad, so I could buy the plans you want with Paypal, print a couple of copies and send them to you, and you send me a cheque for the cost.

Hi Chris,

As far as I am aware don't think you can get hard copies all plans have to be downloaded and saved on PC , Pad etc.
I downloaded to phone and Pad just make sure I had two copies

John

martinka":zgezfpg2 said:
ChrisR":zgezfpg2 said:
Many thanks, all.

Thanks again.

Chris R.

Hi Chris, there doesn't seem to be any mention of mailing printed plans, only PDF downloads. Why not download the two free plans that are on the homepage and see how you get on? If you have printer problems, I could print the plans for you and stick them in the post. In fact, I know how you hate the thought of buying from abroad, so I could buy the plans you want with Paypal, print a couple of copies and send them to you, and you send me a cheque for the cost.

Hi Martin.
There is nothing specific at the moment thanks, just received a (PM) from Phil with a similar offer of some plans.
As I explained to Phil, I am very busy making hard wood bowls with the router at the moment, for our (MS Treatment Centre).

I will try your suggestion of downloading the free plans, to see how I get on, as nothing to lose.

Thanks again, this forum is certainly the place for good positive help.

Chris R.

Back