Toshiba Laptop charger advice please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
My Toshiba Sat Pro charger/power supply has bit the dust, so my 3 questions are:

i) is it repairable?

ii) will any "off the shelf" replacement do?

iii) and if not, will I have to pay 8 squidillion quid for a new Toshiba one? :shock:

Many Thanks

Mark :D

I'm assuming you've done the obvious and checked fuses etc...

So the answers are

1, no
2. do you mean generic chargers? Should be ok but check voltages etc...
3. double check - you might be suprised.

Have a nose round on amazon as well. I got a genuine HP one from there and it was cheaper than a generic one.

Thanks all - luckily Mrs Woody's power pack (19V) fits mine for now! :D
I'll check out Amazon though for a replacement.
BTW, I did check fuse and lead, but no joy. :cry:

Thanks again

Mark :D

Ebay is full of laptop charges for millions of makes and models, just check feedback before buying as a lot are from hong kong, taiwan etc....

Even though the other charger fits physically, check that all the numbers add up - voltage and current...

woody67":nsc80ab2 said:
My Toshiba Sat Pro charger/power supply has bit the dust

I Got my Toshiba Sat Pro charger/power supply from cpc they do the original & a generic one.

Just make sure if you buy a generic psu (unless actually stated for your model) that you test the output before plugging in to your laptop.

Easily done with a multimeter - need to check voltage and also that the neg / pos isn't the opposite way around to yours. - has been known!

you should find the requirements of your toshiba from the specs in the manual or look it up on the website.

Back