Tormek T7/T3 (or smiliar!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidf

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was reading last night about the Tormek (think i ve got he name right) water cooled grinders.

My sharpening skills are obviously not very good judging rom the time I spend on the grindstone last time I was turning.

Is one of these going to be the answer to a prayer.....?

Is the T3 acceptable (as I can't afford a T7!)

Thoughts?

TIA

David

I've got a very old T7 and a dry grinder- this combination is considered by some to be the best of both worlds as you have the speed of the dry grinder for re shaping or raising a burr and the ultra sharp edge that the tormek can give.
I tend to only use one 5/8" gouge for the majority of my work so I leave eth tormek permanently set up for that gouge- I use the grinder for everything else

I have used the T3 for the last 12 years and can only find one fault:- the cost of the grind wheels!

After the initial setting up of all my gouges I only need to wipe over the grinds after each session.

The Tormek is a wonderful machine for those like me who shake badly trying to do freehand grinding.

If you are happy with using your gouges at one primary angle then I have no knowledge of anything better!

Happy turning Peter.

Back