Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

carlb40

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of the areas ive worked in i could have done with one of those. :mrgreen:

Andrewf

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a bullet proof one and a tin helmet for certain times at work. Unfortunately it doesn't make me feel much safer, as you are relying on the clown with the gun being a good shot and hitting you in the plate in the centre of the vest. He misses that and you are up a certain creek without a paddle.

MickCheese

Established Member
Reaction score
MMUK":3fd7owme said:
MickCheese":3fd7owme said:
MMUK":3fd7owme said:
Anyone use one on site?

How about one of these?

Amazon :mrgreen:
I wear something similar for work.

But

I'm a bike cop! :twisted:

Mick

Jammy git :twisted:

Got a spare jacket going? :wink:
Sorry

Mine is only for holding things for hitting, clamping and spraying. Asp, Cuffs, Gas.

Actually quite similar. :D

Mick

rom bloke

Reaction score
id rather pour petrol in my eyes than wear one of those on the job site, standard contractors rig for me im affraid.

Dave

MMUK

Established Member
Reaction score
JustBen":27ueno8n said:
MickCheese":27ueno8n said:
MMUK":27ueno8n said:
Anyone use one on site?

How about one of these?

Amazon :mrgreen:
I wear something similar for work.

But

I'm a bike cop! :twisted:

Mick
A little off topic but..... Why do you call yourself a cop and not a police officer?

Liverpool supporter? :lol:

custard

Established Member
Reaction score
Definition of a nanosecond.

The interval of time between turning up for work in one of those vests and being called Spiderman.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's just me, but I would feel like a right plonker walking onto a site with a SWAT tactical vest on, and I'm not even a tradesman.

A bit off topic, but does anyone here wear tool belts on site or in the workshop?

Mark

soulboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Mark, I do and have noticed that everybody else wears theirs the wrong way round!
chris

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't know which pocket I'd put the "wotsit" in and spend 30 mins looking for it :lol:

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Mick,

I was talking to an ex-colleague the other day. He still works for the job, and he said those jackets, with all the 'accessories', add about a stone to an officer's weight. I wouldn't doubt that; and I thought it was bad when I was first getting used to walking around in a Burberry, or night coat, shaking locks!

Take care out there.
John

MickCheese

Established Member
Reaction score
Benchwayze":1ozftfqt said:
Mick,

I was talking to an ex-colleague the other day. He still works for the job, and he said those jackets, with all the 'accessories', add about a stone to an officer's weight. I wouldn't doubt that; and I thought it was bad when I was first getting used to walking around in a Burberry, or night coat, shaking locks!

Take care out there.
John
It weighs a ton and I'm not getting any younger.

As to the cop bit. I was typing on the iPad and just being lazy. I'm just approaching my 37th year in the force so not a whipper snapper.

Mick

Bluekingfisher

Established Member
Reaction score
Never saw it on site but I think I saw Arnold Schwartzenegger wearing it when he single handedly destroyed a drug cartel.

If it can handle that then ikt'll handle site work. :wink:

Bluekingfisher

Established Member
Reaction score
MickCheese":21qdjhvg said:
Benchwayze":21qdjhvg said:
Mick,

Take care out there.
John
It weighs a ton and I'm not getting any younger.

As to the cop bit. I was typing on the iPad and just being lazy. I'm just approaching my 37th year in the force so not a whipper snapper.

Mick
You need to be getting your papers in mate or the Torries will have the pension off you.

I've two to go, won't be in a second longer than the 30.

MickCheese

Established Member
Reaction score
Stopped paying my pension a few years ago and can retire at the drop of a hat. Just need to give them :28 days notice.

I still enjoy my job. I run a motorcycle enforcement team and a scheme called BikeSafe in London.

Have been out to Abu Dhabi recently to deliver some training but need to make sure it's a proper job before I leave.

Mick