Tool Vest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the areas ive worked in i could have done with one of those. :mrgreen:

I have a bullet proof one and a tin helmet for certain times at work. Unfortunately it doesn't make me feel much safer, as you are relying on the clown with the gun being a good shot and hitting you in the plate in the centre of the vest. He misses that and you are up a certain creek without a paddle.

MMUK":3fd7owme said:
MickCheese":3fd7owme said:
MMUK":3fd7owme said:
Anyone use one on site?

How about one of these?

Amazon :mrgreen:

I wear something similar for work.

But

I'm a bike cop! :twisted:

Mick

Jammy git :twisted:

Got a spare jacket going? :wink:

Sorry

Mine is only for holding things for hitting, clamping and spraying. Asp, Cuffs, Gas.

Actually quite similar. :D

Mick

id rather pour petrol in my eyes than wear one of those on the job site, standard contractors rig for me im affraid.

Dave

JustBen":27ueno8n said:
MickCheese":27ueno8n said:
MMUK":27ueno8n said:
Anyone use one on site?

How about one of these?

Amazon :mrgreen:

I wear something similar for work.

But

I'm a bike cop! :twisted:

Mick

A little off topic but..... Why do you call yourself a cop and not a police officer?

Liverpool supporter? :lol:

Definition of a nanosecond.

The interval of time between turning up for work in one of those vests and being called Spiderman.

Perhaps it's just me, but I would feel like a right plonker walking onto a site with a SWAT tactical vest on, and I'm not even a tradesman.

A bit off topic, but does anyone here wear tool belts on site or in the workshop?

Mark

Mark, I do and have noticed that everybody else wears theirs the wrong way round!
chris

I wouldn't know which pocket I'd put the "wotsit" in and spend 30 mins looking for it :lol:

Mick,

I was talking to an ex-colleague the other day. He still works for the job, and he said those jackets, with all the 'accessories', add about a stone to an officer's weight. I wouldn't doubt that; and I thought it was bad when I was first getting used to walking around in a Burberry, or night coat, shaking locks!

Take care out there.
John

Benchwayze":1ozftfqt said:
Mick,

I was talking to an ex-colleague the other day. He still works for the job, and he said those jackets, with all the 'accessories', add about a stone to an officer's weight. I wouldn't doubt that; and I thought it was bad when I was first getting used to walking around in a Burberry, or night coat, shaking locks!

Take care out there.
John

It weighs a ton and I'm not getting any younger.

As to the cop bit. I was typing on the iPad and just being lazy. I'm just approaching my 37th year in the force so not a whipper snapper.

Mick

Never saw it on site but I think I saw Arnold Schwartzenegger wearing it when he single handedly destroyed a drug cartel.

If it can handle that then ikt'll handle site work. :wink:

MickCheese":21qdjhvg said:
Benchwayze":21qdjhvg said:
Mick,

Take care out there.
John

It weighs a ton and I'm not getting any younger.

As to the cop bit. I was typing on the iPad and just being lazy. I'm just approaching my 37th year in the force so not a whipper snapper.

Mick
You need to be getting your papers in mate or the Torries will have the pension off you.

I've two to go, won't be in a second longer than the 30.

Stopped paying my pension a few years ago and can retire at the drop of a hat. Just need to give them :28 days notice.

I still enjoy my job. I run a motorcycle enforcement team and a scheme called BikeSafe in London.

Have been out to Abu Dhabi recently to deliver some training but need to make sure it's a proper job before I leave.

Mick

Back