Too hot ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to come across as some sort of denier, but I have been having a think about these "record temperatures".

Lets take Heathrow airport as an extreme example:

My guess is less than a hundred years ago it was a predominantly a grass field and the planes using it were consuming say 50 gallons worth of fuel to take off and land. Today there are acres and acres of heat absorbing black tarmac and whats not tarmac is heat retaining concrete buildings.
Plus umpteen gallons of heat generating fuel from the jet engines

So..... comparing temp then with now, is a bit of a red herring.

office block air conditioning is the main culprit in all cities. Tens of thousands of a/c units trying to make the buildings insides unnaturally cool causes hot air around the tall buildings and the wind cant disperse the heat because of the buildings.

Hi

Don't know if anyone else picked up on this. In fact I'm really surprised that Trump hasn't been on about it.

What, you ask? Well, according to the BBC on Thursday Paris had it's highest temperature ever BUT, the previous record was in the late 1940's!!

Global Warming? Well I believe so, but it did make me consider for a moment.

Phil

treeturner123":3sdd6oo1 said:
Hi

Don't know if anyone else picked up on this. In fact I'm really surprised that Trump hasn't been on about it.

What, you ask? Well, according to the BBC on Thursday Paris had it's highest temperature ever BUT, the previous record was in the late 1940's!!

Global Warming? Well I believe so, but it did make me consider for a moment.

Phil

Global warming is a complete scam. A means of supplying not-very-good scientists with research grants, and a very effective method of allowing lefty loonies to raise taxes and take control of every facet of everyone's lives.

Things you may not know: there was a thing called "the little ice age", that ended in the early 1800s - just when they say industrial revolution started melting the ice caps. The earth is warming, perfectly naturally, because it was unnaturally cold for 3-4 hundred years before then. All the models (except one) do NOT work on historical temperatures, but are taken as god's only truth when predicting the future, so that must be be ok, mustn't it?

Then there is all the "adjustments" to all the temperature readings - Climate Gate was all about scientists rewriting the temperature records, to try and show more warming than there actually is.

Climate Catastrophe is the third iteration of a desperate attempt to convince the public that they need to be poorer. The whole thing is a bit sad, and a bit pathetic. Bees are not dying out, despite the propaganda. Polar bears are alive and well, and NOT starving to death, despite all the lies. Fairly soon, the records will actually confirm that we are entering a new cooling phase - how in hell the climate Catastrophe idiots will spin that, I have no idea, except that all weather, no matter how hot, cold, wet or dry, is now the result of anthropomorphic climate rape.

(Ooh look! Someone rattled my cage! I should have put this in the thread on "If I was in charge, I would hang all climate "scientists".

25-this-is-fine-lede-new.w1200.h630.jpg

The first ever meme posted on UKW.
Stop it now.

*cross face.

Can't believe you lot are climate science deniers. Didn't you see that 14 year old girl the other week, tell us all about it?

sammy.se":xkfwreud said:
Can't believe you lot are climate science deniers. Didn't you see that 14 year old girl the other week, tell us all about it?

Robin Williams quote: "Hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut". Also
"It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle ."

20 degrees in Shetland today. Had to take my second jumper off and open the shop door. This let the midgies in for a good feed and the neighbour's cat for a piddle on the bench.

Something is definitely up with the weather though. June and July up here has seen pea soup fog 6 days a week. Winters are way less severe than 10 years ago never mind 20. And I wouldn't ask a person that can't tell the difference between weather and climate what to think. What do scientists know anyway.

I was out in the rain earlier on, had a great walk cooling down :D I don't think I've ever appreciated rain as much as that.

we're gearing up for really hot now, 40c under the tiled pergola. Ice cream is becoming a life essential (even more important than cold beer). 8) 8)

If ice cream is more important then a cold beer the heat is seriously affecting your mind (hammer) (hammer) :twisted: .

Back