to buy or not to buy trend t11

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just bought a Trend T11 after my trusty Erbauer gave up the ghost last week. I bought the T11 rather than another Erbauer as I wanted something which could be fitted to the router table, and was attracted by the fine height adjuster.

Used the T11 for the first time today. A few immediate issues:

1) When you engage the locking lever for the plunge mechanism gets in the way of the right handle, giving an uncomfortable grip.

2) The case is absolute pants. If you attach the dust extraction hood to the router, you can't even get the router in the box again. I've put the router in a separate case.

3) The extractor hood is a flimsy affair - I can't imagine it would stand up to much use on site. It looks as though one knock would snap the plastic.

These are just my initial (-ve) impressions. Apart from these points, I found the router to be very good in use (fitting some worktops today). Very powerful, nice smooth plunge action, nice depth of plunge and pretty good DX compared to other routers i've used.

Cheers

Karl

TobyB":khewv1kt said:
Rutlands ... don't tell Tom though!

anywhere else ? - my feelings on rutlands make toms look positively moderate - I have resolved to never ever give them my business ever again , not even if they were substantially cheaper - after their customer servives dept pretty much called me a liar when i reported goods damaged in transit before delivery.

if they were the only suplier on earth i'd make my own tools rather than give them a penny of my hard earned

sorted - ive found it here http://www.woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/

Back