to buy or not to buy trend t11

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
Hi

I have used lots of different routers and I love the festool ones but I want to buy my own. So I was thinking about the trend t11 can anyone tell me if there any major problems with this router. Or suggest a better one for the same price 220-260.

Thanks

I've had one in my router table for a few years now, not heavily used admittedly, but does everything I need without any problems and the above table rise and fall is a god send in the router table.

No reason not to get one.

Some other makes may have caught up with the above table adjustment in the last couple of years so there may be more choice now.

Don't know how the T11 would stand up in trade use, but it seems to be decent quality and is good to use hand held as well as in the table.

Cheers, Paul :D

This is the same reason I want one. I was going to buy a woodpeck router lift, but someone told me this would be the cheaper option with an incra plate, have seen some great ideas for router tables on here.

I can learn from theses design and make one the good for me, will be sure to post pictures when its made.

Thanks

Another reason for buying a T11 at the moment is that you can trade-in your old router for a £30 discount! :wink:

Don't know what the full T&Cs are though and this offer is only available at participating stockists.

top class router i bought mine from d and m and it come with a free 1/4 collet as well which comes in very handy

A good router and great if used in a table as mentioned above. I don't like the case it comes in as it seems to be too small and it is a fiddle getting the fence in plus you have to take the guide bars off each time. I might actually dump the box and fit out a big systainer to hold everything for using on site. The dust extractor fitting is also a bit flimsy/fiddly which I think are much better thought out on the festool routers. If I was having to go out and buy another 1/2" router (for fitting worktops and using in a table) then if I couldn't stretch to the festool then I'd probably buy another T11.

Steve

The terms and conditions of the trade in require you to give your name and address to the dealer with the serial number / model number of the old router working or not. The dealer takes the old router and gives you a £30.00 discount on the price they are selling it for (not the catalogue price) Its as simple as that runs until the 31st of January and Trend now include 2 x 1/2" shank cutters with the T11

May be a bit far, but if you can get to the D&M show at Kempton Park this weekend they have them at under £200.00 (show price). Think that that price also included a couple of 1/2" router bits. Show's open Sunday 10.00 - 4.00 (http://www.thetoolshow.com)

The 1400W Festool is not powerful enough for router table use... So the Trend T11 is the perfect option. We have both in our workshop, although I only ever use the Trend.

I have a T11 in my router table at home at the moment and it works great, no problems with it so far... Touch wood. :D

Woody.

promhandicam":3qwgfzn2 said:
I might actually dump the box and fit out a big systainer to hold everything for using on site.

Seriously, try flogging the case on eBay first, before you dump it. I was browsing through pages of routers on eBay a few days ago and there were multiple listings of unwanted power tool cases - and, people were bidding!! :shock: :wink:

OPJ":3iyxxhcn said:
Seriously, try flogging the case on eBay first, before you dump it. I was browsing through pages of routers on eBay a few days ago and there were multiple listings of unwanted power tool cases - and, people were bidding!! :shock: :wink:

Thanks for that idea Olly. I need to see first if the T11 fits into a large systainer before I ditch the old case. I imagine that there is a market for cases on ebay as often (stolen) tools are sold without a case or charger.

Steve

adidat":1faiued7 said:
Hi

I have used lots of different routers and I love the festool ones but I want to buy my own. So I was thinking about the trend t11 can anyone tell me if there any major problems with this router. Or suggest a better one for the same price 220-260.

Thanks

Had one for couple of years and can't fault it in an way at all!!

paulm":2fmfqbyw said:
I've had one in my router table for a few years now, not heavily used admittedly, but does everything I need without any problems and the above table rise and fall is a god send in the router table.

No reason not to get one.

Some other makes may have caught up with the above table adjustment in the last couple of years so there may be more choice now.

Don't know how the T11 would stand up in trade use, but it seems to be decent quality and is good to use hand held as well as in the table.

I was looking enviously at pauls T11 today - and the above table adjustment has certainly got me thinking - I was set on the axminster router lift with dewalt router for my new table - but i'm now thinking that the trend might be a better bet

I have one in a router table and it's been a great bit of kit - not played with lots of others to compare though. Agree also, that in a table, the Xtension is well worth getting - with that you have both through-table height adjustment and easy bit changes - much less fiddly!

TobyB":2lgfovvd said:
the Xtension is well worth getting - with that you have both through-table height adjustment and easy bit changes - much less fiddly!

Unless like me you lose the special imperial sized allen key the Xtension uses while trying to demo it to Pete !

It must be there somewhere among the shavings, trouble is it's an odd size so none of the other hundreds of allen keys around the place fit :evil: :lol:

It does make it much easier using the router though, transforms it.

paulm":1w1q21vt said:
TobyB":1w1q21vt said:
the Xtension is well worth getting - with that you have both through-table height adjustment and easy bit changes - much less fiddly!

Unless like me you lose the special imperial sized allen key the Xtension uses while trying to demo it to Pete !

It must be there somewhere among the shavings, trouble is it's an odd size so none of the other hundreds of allen keys around the place fit :evil: :lol:

It does make it much easier using the router though, transforms it.

Ive just arranged to buy a T11 second hand so i'm going to be in the market for one of those extensions - where do you get them from ?

Back