Tim's Part 2 [Advanced] Final Submission [Complete]

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Original design:

523253947_77d79be847_o.jpg

Finished article:

NB I need a new camera and secondly its not possible to get the same viewpoint as in the design because of the chandelier.

Hall0018-full.jpg

Hall0015-full.jpg

Hall0025-full.jpg

Hall0010-full.jpg

Hall0003-full.jpg

Hall0031-full.jpg

Hall0009-full.jpg

Hope you like it. I think it works pretty well and the main thing is that the clients are very pleased - and yes I need to make them another one........ :roll: :lol: :wink:

Cheers

Tim

Very nice, Tim =D> You must have some very long sash cramps :)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

PS If they ever want the chandelier cleaned, there are these blokes called Dell-boy and Rodney.......... :lol:

Paul Chapman":30po5lac said:
PS If they ever want the chandelier cleaned, there are these blokes called Dell-boy and Rodney.......... :lol:

What a classic scene, it still has me in stiches! Even funnier than delboy falling through the bar.

Lovely work tim - dodgy colour though! Is it a girls room that it's in? Incredible work, I can't imagine the difficulty of organising a project that size.

ByronBlack":2r4tlvld said:
Lovely work tim - dodgy colour though! Is it a girls room that it's in?

Its actually not that dodgy a colour - its my crappy camera - its a dark room and my flash over exposes it. I agree it may not be to everyone's taste but its not the Barbie pink it appears.. Its exactly the same colour as the walls which is a deep red - Elizabethan Red in fact from the Paint and paper library.

Look under collections/ rust/ at this link: http://www.paintlibrary.co.uk/homeframeset.html

Thanks for the kind comments as well. My fitter and I were laughing hard about the chandelier / delboy scene when we were installing the piece.

Cheers

Tim

Ah tim - that red does look very nice, very similar to the colour I have in my front room as it happens :) Although I think there could be a market for barbie themed library furniture :)

Great job Tim, I didn't realise just how big it is until I noticed the curtains next to it. The surface mounted socket and wiring look a bit dodgy though :D

John

Very nice job Tim, can't agree with Dom though, better than chairs :shock: never :lol:

How do you go on moving these things about? Do you flat pack them? I've just made some kitchen units a fraction of this size and I can hardly budge them

Keith Smith":lvcc7dcw said:
How do you go on moving these things about?

I just tuck it under my arm for I have the strength of ten men..... :lol: :lol:

Actually I make them in a modular way so the upper half is four separate units which while each are impossibly heavy to move alone (except short distances round the w'shop) are actually okay between two. Where possible I preassemble the unit in the workshop so that it all fits together much more swiftly on site but its still very hard work and I'm always glad to get my workshop back after installation.

Johnboy":lvcc7dcw said:
The surface mounted socket and wiring look a bit dodgy though
Agreed (along with the creosote smiley face above!). Problem is that this has been a huge restoration project for the clients and some of the more clunky decisions are beginning to raise their heads when seen in a finished room.

Cheers

Tim

Dan Tovey":6dc38ran said:
Crackin' job, Tim!

What is it with your clients and colours? Lime Green, Barbie Pink - all I ever get to do is another shade of mag-bloody-nolia!

Cheers
Dan

You missed these: https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=200749#200749

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What can I say - they like statement pieces. Making another one of the red (not pink!!) ones to go on the opposite wall before Christmas!

Cheers

Tim

tim":3pdhnuub said:
NB I need a new camera

You certainly do, it makes everything look red... :)

Smashing job. I've just delivered a bookcase/workdesk thingy, not as, well not as anything as yours!

Very, very excellent (yours, not mine)
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

But Steve - if there are no pics then you didn't do it.......

BTW - here's one with books in and below that is a render of its twin which will go onto the opposite wall. The cabinets below contain drawers for CDs. So far I have built bookcases and cabinets for these clients to hold 18,000 books and 5,000 CDs plus 16 double drop file drawers.

DSCF0007Large-full.jpg

latestrender8Large-full.jpg

Cheers

Tim

Back