Thread insert for Axminster chuck suiting Myford ML8

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Afternoon, does anyone have knowledge of a source to obtain a left hand thread 3/4 inch 12 tpi insert or even a right hand thread 1 inch 12 tpi as would fit an Axminster chuck going on a Myford ML8 lathe? Axminster outlet don’t sell this size now they tell me. Charnwood to be fair has been suggested but I’ve not checked yet. Thanks

Does the hand of the thread insert not absolutely and unequivocally need to match that of the chuck?

If it does not, something will be trying to unscrew itself as pressure comes on the system from the cutting tool

Does the hand of the thread insert not absolutely and unequivocally need to match that of the chuck?

If it does not, something will be trying to unscrew itself as pressure comes on the system from the cutting tool
ChaiLatte ; you are unequivocally correct in this I have since posting realised; going from one lathe to another is a bigger thing than I thought.

One thread fits one side of the headstock, the other the other. They won't fit the wrong way around let alone undo.

One thread fits one side of the headstock, the other the other. They won't fit the wrong way around let alone undo.
Thanks Phil and all that responded, the upshot to my enquiry has been I’ve concluded there’s little to no advantage to me using this chuck on my Myford but it will with the relevant Charnwood adapter go well on my son’s lathe. So thanks anll and we’ll call it a wrap now.

Thanks Phil and all that responded, the upshot to my enquiry has been I’ve concluded there’s little to no advantage to me using this chuck on my Myford but it will with the relevant Charnwood adapter go well on my son’s lathe. So thanks anll and we’ll call it a wrap now.
Sorry misspelled thanks all

Latest posts

Back