Thomas Robinson table saw Rebuild

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a superb machine, and what a professional job you have done refurbishing it - I noticed in the early photos the hand scraped fence - and the later work in progress photos showing the hard work and superb finish you've achieved - simply stunning!

Thank you all for you interest and comments. It's a fine machine and I enjoyed rebuilding it. I had originally planed on keeping it, but my health is not the best lately and a customer asking if I had one for sale, so I finished it and sold it to him. Last week it got shipped off to California 4500 km for me.

The buyer will have a professionally restored and fettled machine. It’s probably the only machine with a fence he can use as a reference surface.😂
Sorry to hear your health isn’t brilliant.

I love this saw, I have recently just finished rebuilding mine, it’s (I believe) an early example with a large and small raise/tilt wheel with lovely wooden handles. Possibly 50’s? 60’s? Not too sure but it’s a superb piece of old English iron
I am very fortunate to have the fence that can be angled either way, perfect for Kerf cuts to relieve backs of boards to fit curves etc.
I am particularly fond of the brake mechanism, you can stop the saw and bring it to a standstill in one motion in around 5 seconds.
Great job on yours, really good to see these old machines being brought back to their former state.

You wouldn’t happen to have a manual for it would you?

Sorry to hear about your health.

Scotty

I love this saw, I have recently just finished rebuilding mine, it’s (I believe) an early example with a large and small raise/tilt wheel with lovely wooden handles. Possibly 50’s? 60’s? Not too sure but it’s a superb piece of old English iron
I am very fortunate to have the fence that can be angled either way, perfect for Kerf cuts to relieve backs of boards to fit curves etc.
I am particularly fond of the brake mechanism, you can stop the saw and bring it to a standstill in one motion in around 5 seconds.
Great job on yours, really good to see these old machines being brought back to their former state.

You wouldn’t happen to have a manual for it would you?

Sorry to hear about your health.

Scotty
Hi Scotty, They are great machines. I have a couple of the older ones, model ZT/E A little different than the ET/E model that I just finished. I have a manual for the ET/E model that may be of some help. Even the ET/E machines had several versions, so it is hard to find information on the exact one. If you send me your email I will send you a PDF of the ET/E manual, it is too large to upload here.
The saw in the photo below is an older ZT/E model
My email; [email protected]
SAM_5869.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Scotty, They are great machines. I have a couple of the older ones, model ZT/E A little different than the ET/E model that I just finished. I have a manual for the ET/E model that may be of some help. Even the ET/E machines had several versions, so it is hard to find information on the exact one. If you send me your email I will send you a PDF of the ET/E manual, it is too large to upload here.
The saw in the photo below is an older ZT/E model
My email; [email protected]
View attachment 172958
Thank you for the reply. My ET E has the exact same wheels as that ZT, with the wooden handles too. Looks very similar aside from the dust chute set up from this angle. What are the differences between the two?
Mine also came with the fence stops, two of them, that I believe are cast bronze that slide up and down the bar that affixes to the quadrant/mitre fences, really beautiful stuff.

It is a really well thought out machine that I really enjoy using, and couldn’t be without! The ability to kerf cut on the angled fence is awesome and is used heavily.
I did a nice job back along that I documented for the project section on here but after reviewing the content I decided not to share it as I fear my methods may be deemed a little too old school for some. It involved the saw a little bit and shown how versatile it can be etc.
Thanks in advance on the manual front, it is very much appreciated.

Scotty

Back