This afternoons work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope you like this

Cherry1croped.jpg

cherry2croped.jpg

cherry3croped.jpg

Just something I knocked out this afternoon

It is english cherry (local) 9" X 1.75" or for those of you who use 'foreign' :lol: 22.5cm X 4.5cm

finished with woodwax 22

Malcolm

Very smooth lines there Malcolm, having used a bit of Cherry I can imagine that the thickness and finished feel go well together in the hand.

Very nice Malcolm, nice design and suits the timbers character as well.

PS - I do like it. :lol:

I like it very much Malc.
Are you thinking of entering it in a certain February competition ? :lol:
I was hoping to turn a piece for it this afternoon, but sorting the central heating out got in the way :cry:

It's the strangest looking pen I have ever seen.

But a beautyful piece al the same If you were to send me a pen like that I would be very pleased, lovely piece of turning & finishing
REgards Boysie

Wow! Lovely piece.

Just the kind of shape I go for and excellent finish.

You have inspired me to get back out in the shed!

Come, Come, Malcolm,
Things as nice as this, one just doesn't knock out. This was carefully turned and you know it. 8)
That is a very nice piece of turnery. =D> =D> =D> =D>

John. B

Hi John B

It took me just over an hour to make and these type of platters I do fairly regularly :lol: :lol: .
I also do a lot of Beech food bowls about 8" X 3" they take me about 3/4 of an hour, we use them for eating stews and soups out of. they keep food wonderfully hot, far better than any porcelain etc. I will get one on the forum when I get back from Devon.

Malcolm

Back