THINK PINK! ... pink planes that is!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, that fine Rob Lee chap was as good as his word \:D/

82388709.jpg

I imagine this is pre-production livery and not aimed at the masses :shock: :D

Thanks again Rob! :D

Would that plane also have a special bevel for working with "pink ivory" :lol:

Jason

.......and if you look very carefully at this illustrious collection you'll just be able to spot the very same plane on the corner of the table, right next to Phillys JK smoother - Rob

klfkljcjdksejc.jpg

woodbloke":12cdk82s said:
.......and if you look very carefully at this illustrious collection you'll just be able to spot the very same plane on the corner of the table, right next to Phillys JK smoother - Rob

Ahhh ... look again, then look up. They is not the same plane. :lol:

I have been lookin at the LN version (more or less) of that one for ages and was getting very close to an order. I think Mr. Lee will get a sale from me if he gets that onto the web site tout de suite!

Yeah, the #100 and Little Victor are indeed different, but the colour's not supposed to be! Picturesque descriptions of grapes in the bunch and so forth have been bandied about, not spun sugar from the same candy floss... :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Scott":ar1m1lnv said:
I imagine this is pre-production livery and not aimed at the masses :shock: :D

Thanks again Rob! :D

I assume this was 'powder-coated', sans blusher!
My grand-daughter would think of it as sweet! :lol:

But as long as it works, \:D/

John

Hi -

That color just doesn't photgraph well.... :cry:

It's really a dark purplish red....

It's one of a pair that'll be available some time around the end of September, as we have a bit of a "crush" on machining new planes right now. We have produced about a dozen or so of the flat palm plane (shown) - so Scott has one of the very first. We're still waiting on the round palm plane castings...

Also shown last night (to Popular Woodworking at the AFWS show in Las Vegas - where this is being written) were a few others.... there's a bit of a write-up on their website....

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":2eyivcq0 said:
Also shown last night (to Popular Woodworking at the AFWS show in Las Vegas - where this is being written) were a few others.... there's a bit of a write-up on their website....

It would be nice to see a picture of the plough plane as soon as one is available, Rob.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul Chapman":1hwfha7i said:
It would be nice to see a picture of the plough plane as soon as one is available, Rob.
Got a pic or two of the model (subsequently changed a bit, I gather) but I don't know if I'm allowed to show...

Cheers, Alf

Who considers being allowed to make a shaving or two with it an enormous honour and has been dying to gloat about it for months :oops:

Alf":2iash954 said:
Who considers being allowed to make a shaving or two with it an enormous honour and has been dying to gloat about it for months :oops:

Some people have all the luck. Jealous - who, me??? :^o :^o :^o :lol:

Paul

PS Given the defective designs of existing plough/combination/multi planes, I have always thought that tremendous scope exists to design far better ones. It will be very interesting to see what Rob and his team have come up with.

Someone say PINK?

I've been waiting to be able to make a saw from this 4" thick chunk of curly Pink Ivory. It would make a nice saw. Almost had a gentleman convinced to use it...

pink_ivory_0001a.jpg

Take care, Mike

Alf":28zldjwr said:
Gee, my little package never arrived. :lol:

And Alf, yes, I'm sorry for this, but you do sucketh!

Take care, Mike

MikeW":8k5davas said:
Someone say PINK?

I've been waiting to be able to make a saw from this 4" thick chunk of curly Pink Ivory. It would make a nice saw.

Actually that's not a bad idea, Mike. When you get to my age and can't remember where you put your saw (even though it's probably under your nose), it would help you to spot it. It would probably even glow in the dark :lol:

Paul

MikeW":1lbol54k said:
Gee, my little package never arrived. :lol:
Hell's bells, Mike, you've just reminded me I've forgotten that bloomin' chisel again #-o Sorry, sorry - it's still got your name on it, it's just me being hopeless. :oops: (and thank you for the sucketh-ness - don't usually get that :D )

As for the Pink Ivory, heck, I'd commission you in a heartbeat if I could.

Cheers, Alf

No, no, no...not *that* package. One from Sir Rob. It's probably payback as his packages are awaiting some last little tidbits.

The Pink Ivory will take a while to dry out for saw handles. But if you did commission a saw, which one would a person who has a saw of nearly every type choose? Hmm, have to think on that one :lol:

Take care, Mike

MikeW":8kahqagc said:
No, no, no...not *that* package. One from Sir Rob. It's probably payback as his packages are awaiting some last little tidbits.
Yeah, I got it - but it did remind me. I dunno, never had such a mental block on getting off a parcel to someone before. :?

The Pink Ivory will take a while to dry out for saw handles.
Right, I'll start saving then :D

But if you did commission a saw, which one would a person who has a saw of nearly every type choose? Hmm, have to think on that one :lol:
Cheeky! And anyway a) I'm not even close to having a saw of nearly every type, and b) what the heck's wrong with having spares...? [-( :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":ded6k697 said:
MikeW":ded6k697 said:
But if you did commission a saw, which one would a person who has a saw of nearly every type choose? Hmm, have to think on that one :lol:
Cheeky! And anyway a) I'm not even close to having a saw of nearly every type, and b) what the heck's wrong with having spares...? [-( :lol:
:lol: Cheeky? Yep...and a lot of fun!

Multiples are good! As long as one has a place for them...how's the till? Door on it? :wink:

Anyway, you avoided the question...my thinking is the saw ought to be of a style the wood is shown to best effect. Though the curl is tight enough even a DT saw would look fine. But in regards to you, I'm thinking more along lines of this saw:

Take care, Mike

Back