Things you can't dent with the spouse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newton First Law of Thermodynamics was totally wrong. The first law should have read;

The thermostatic temperature setting is inversely proportional to the outside temperature where SWMBO is concerned.
😯😯🤐🤐😯😯

Well it's such a relief to start reading this thread it's cheared me up no end this morning, can't finish now I spend to much time on my laptop, her words not mine. It makes me feel all women have a link like twins! -5 degrees out side her bedroom window wide open, plenty of fresh air and the radiator will burn the skin of your hand !!! But it won't hurt Mmmm :oops:. Last night scrape, scrape. scrape cutting up Pizza an a glass board. Funny really, these knives aren't sharp say she said a few months ago. Right I have sharpened them (again) love. Next day, ouch I've cut my self on this knife its very sharp DOH! I could go on but I feel we could easily right a book between us. Don't know if you picked up on it but I am in my own box bedroom:rolleyes:. My solution has only recent become possible but the housing market is slow:D

Dead batteries and near empty gas tanks are a specialty here, too. I am chief battery charger and tank filler even though I usually ride public trans to work.

FIL is these things, too. Enjoyed the comment a few posts above about calling a friend to explain something to the mrs. I think that's part of marriage for most - that once you're married, two things happen:
1) your jokes go from being funny to a threat to the reputation of the household's ability to talk appropriately
2) whatever you say, it can't be correct or good advice (not talking about life changing advice here, just things like "the purple phone and the black phone are both microusb, they can both use the same charge cords and all of the devices that charge with any of the cords with a USB end all use the same stub that plugs into the wall - it changes the house current to 5 volts).

Do not attempt to go back and revisit things that you said that turn out to be correct, either - this doesn't have the effect of making your suggestions seen as more accurate in the future based on revisiting experience from the past!!

(former coworker of mine retired about 2 years ago. He visited the office, and I said "see, I'll bet retirement is great. How's it going?". He said to me "well, I got used to a certain standard where my clients and coworkers relied on my advice and I felt pretty good about myself, but since retiring, I have learned that everyone must've been idiots because everything that I say is wrong and all of my ideas are stupid")

Hah...he was a mild mannered guy -that was like screaming for him to subtly say that.

He's from the same prior culture as me (farming ancestors - spouses generally ruled inside the doors and the men populated the outside area. When inside, it's best not to talk to much because you're already out of place just by being indoors - invading territory that you may visit but you certainly don't have standing in said indoor space).

Since I have no outdoor farm to flee to (neither did my coworker), I've attempted to make the basement and garage equivalent to what the outdoors was for my ancestors. It's pretty effective - not 100%, but way better than being seen as an upstairs invader.
My mrs must've been a farmer in a former life!!! 🤣 if i take a day off or stay home to do the books etc, its daggers at dawn and a cold shoulder!

you guys jinxed me.

Sunday morning, it was 5F. This is somewhere around -15C. Not near record setting here, but brisk. This afternoon, it was 56F. this is solidly in the center of 10 and 15C somewhere - not getting the calculator out, but 24*5/9 will do it.

I'm working downstairs, and I can hear the furnace running adjacent to me, constantly. Odd given the temperature.

The mrs. left for the store, I go upstairs, all of the windows are open. Of course "air out the house". But with a breeze and all of the windows open, the furnace can't hold 70F upstairs. Rather than close the windows and get in trouble for that, I turned the furnace down (which only resulted after an hour in a 4 degree additional drop (degrees F)

I briefly brought this up this afternoon, but stating in the signal immediately killed information transmission from me to the mrs. "it wasn't cold enough outside for the furnace to run".

56<70. Not hard math. At least gas is cheap. When the mrs. got home, she asked why the house is so cold. By then < 50F outside. I closed the windows just before she returned.

It's nice to see 56F outside, though!!

Back