Things that kids say.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a kid and at primary school 1959-1960 ish I had a school dinner that I really did not like. Bearing in mind the date and having a meat and two veg sort of diet, my mother asked what I'd had for dinner at school. I replied that it was awful, I had had liver not cooked and cabbage not boiled. Turns out it was salad and the described foods were beetroot and lettuce, neither of which I had eaten before and to this day I can't stand beetroot, some 60 years later.

About 32 years back we had a yellow labrador and a 5 year old daughter. With both out for a walk we were passed by some bloke with a 'rat on a lead', some little dog or thing. The little dog got all agressive and snarling at our docile lab. Our lab just looked on as if it wasn't there. The 'rat' got quite nasty and my daughter said, in a very clear loud voice, " you had better be careful or your dog could kill ours"! The bloke just looked startled and straining at the lead of the 'rat' said "how could my little dog kill your big labrador?". She replied " it could get stuck in her throat"!!!!! The bloke just looked at me and fell about laughing!

I have no idea how she picked that one up, but it hit the spot square on..

Back