Things that bug you!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying something that needs more money and time outlayed on it to make it actually perform as you would expect.

Having to look at the two morons everytime I visit the Santander web site.

Automated phone systems where you have so many choices but at the very end they just say phone back later having listened to the choices for the last half hour.

The BBC calling actresses actors, surely they can tell the difference.

Phone zombies, just a public liability and an insult to inteligence.

The trouble is that as we get older more things bug you because we seem to see things that a lot just accept as being normal and a lot of things that should be kept in the closset and not be shoved in peoples faces.

your not the first to be caught out
Replace that with 'not the first to be scammed'.;) when I go into a shop on the high street, I don't have to check if there is duty to be paid on anything I buy, why should Amazon UK be allowed to behave differently? The technology exists to have the correct price displayed on Amazon, or at least show additional taxes have to be paid.

Hey mate don't worry your not the first to be caught out, DHL did the same to me from Germany been there done it got the empty wallet to prove.
Your right, the fault was me not reading deep enough, so have begrudgingly paid the invoice - the stinger is that as it took so long to be delivered I have made the project that I ordered it for. Still I am sure its time will come.

This thread has the potential to be the longest one in the history of the tinterweb. I am just nipping out to organise a new field of corn to be delivered and if I intend to keep reading had better Make one of these:
1643544839867.png

People who stop in the middle of a supermarket isle to have a chat, without wishing to appear ageist is generally the older population. I also get much tutting when I voice a polite "excuse me" as if I am the problem!! Still it will probably be me one day! :unsure:

People who stop in the middle of a supermarket isle to have a chat, without wishing to appear ageist is generally the older population. I also get much tutting when I voice a polite "excuse me" as if I am the problem!! Still it will probably be me one day! :unsure:
worse is when the same thing happening on country lanes, with two cars going in opposite directions, thinking this is a good time for a catch up

All the problems associated with getting old, like being able to drive for hours, but the moment I stop, If I don't have a pee within 20 seconds.......
and on a similar note.....working outside in the garden after drinking too much tea. Rushing to the toilet, much fumbling about then realise I've put my thermal underwear on back to front again.

Forgetting names, especially in a conversation with another old person. We both know who we are talking about, but can't remember the name. You end up talking about 'that guy in the pink shirts that does the program about train journeys' rather than Michael Portillo.

losing things, like my glasses. I'll spend ages looking for them and finally have to go ask my wife if she has seen them..." Have you tried checking your head", sure enough they have been there all the time.

some of the adverts on this forum.....
trying to sell scruffy worn out rubbish clothes with a US flage on em......
I hve to move the page over to hide it.....hahaha......
just getting old.....

Forgetting names, especially in a conversation with another old person
I was round at my mates house the other evening, he retired recently and is spending a lot of time in his garden.
He has most of the plan mapped out on paper, he started to say the name of the flower he was intending to put in the corner but couldn't remember it, after struggling for a few seconds he looked towards the kitchen, but his wife was nowhere to be seen.
Growing more frustrated he shouted at me what's that lovely flower comes in different colours and has thorns on the stem?
Rose says I

Of course he says, turns towards the kitchen and shouts at the top of his voice "Rose, what's the name of those flowers I'm putting in the corner?"

Back