Things that bug you!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well apart from sharpening threads and months long yacking about the latest magic steel for plane irons there was one thing bugging me. Wot was it again---------- Yes River Tables thats it.
Regards
John

Buzzwords.
Remember 'synergies' from a few years back? That one was a favorite with managers and we all had to strive to find synergies in the workplace. Thankfully it didn't last too long.
Then, anything in the affirmative was not 'yes' but 'absolutely!' That daft one hung around for a while.
And the most irritating one currently is the people who, like, use the word 'like' in every sentence, like.
Lord knows what that one means.

And the most irritating one currently is the people who, like, use the word 'like' in every sentence, like.
Lord knows what that one means.
It is an indication that their brain can not keep up with their mouth. They need to insert “like” to pad out the sentence to let their brain catch up. If you watch someone doing it you can often see their eye flicker up or down as they say it which is another sign of searching for an answer.
it is simply the current incarnation of “umm”.
I have four daughters of the appropriate age to suffer this infliction and counter it by assuming they mean a similar thing.
Daughter: “I have, like, an apple”
Me: “oh do you mean a peach?”
You have to persevere but it does work 😀

Last edited:
Well perhaps I spoke too soon I have just had a very nice email from the suppliers of the Centipede in my original post, very apologetic and they are going to refund the import charges, I never thought that would happen so hats off to V-TOOLSTORE for most excellent customer service.

email as below

Good morning from Lübeck, Thanks for the feedback - we appreciate you taking the time! It is really a shame (or at least misleading) that Amazon does not display that extra charges can possibly appear. And it's impossible for us to state that in the offer, either. Catch 22. If you really dig deep (click on the link "is sold by ....." you can collect the relevant information about where the product comes from. But then again - who does that. We are well aware of that. Back to your case: we will refund the import tax. Have fun with the centipede and have a good day! Best regards, V-Toolstore

Last edited:
Well perhaps I spoke too soon I have just had a very nice email from the suppliers of the Centipede in my original post, very apologetic and they are going to refund the import charges, I never thought that would happen so hats off to V-TOOLSTORE for most excellent customer service.

That's very decent of them.
Thanks for letting us know, as well. (y)

Advertisers - full stop!!

They ALL cover their backsides by saying "Terms & conditions apply" - !! What t's & c's ??

I'm with Lazarus, it took me ages to find 'details', it's right there with 'delivery details', not where you'd expect it to be.
Got me wondering now, I ordered, over 10 days ago, some Titebond 'Fast & sticky'. Amaz. had the best inclusive price. After about a week I checked tracking, only to find it's coming from the US, nowhere could I see it in the ad.. Amaz. does the same with stuff from China. At least 'the Bay' tells you where it's coming from.

Back