Things that bug you!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been looking around at the Bora Centipede and found just what I wanted on Amazon
Bora CK12S Portable Sawhorse Work Support : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

I particularly wanted the 6` x 4` so placed the order. Yesterday I received a letter from Parcel-force stating I had to pay an additional £54.88 import duties :rolleyes: as imported from Germany
No no where on the advert can I see it is being sent from outside the UK and further charges may apply, it appears to be a uk advert. although my wife did find some very small print which mentioned Holland.
So I have written to the seller asking they either refund the cost of the import duties, or cancel the sale and full refund under the distance selling regulations - just peeved that it wasn't made clear on the initial advert as for this additional price I could have purchased the 8` x 4` version

It does say on the listing the seller is in Germany so everyone should be aware we have to pay ex duties to import

Yeah similar vein... ordered a Makita cordless mower via Toolstation's ebay website as there was a 15% off deal.
Clearly advertised on the selling page, it even said "save 15% today"
Went through the whole process of put it in basket/go to pay etc only to be told 'sorry that offer has expired'
NO..!! the offer is still showing on the selling page..!!
Email Toolstation, nothing to do with them as their ebay page is run as a separate entity.
Complain via the ebay online chat "thats ok i fully understand sir, i will give you a code to get 10% off"
Apply code... 'that code is not valid' unghh..??
I was very generously given a 10% discount code to be used on bags, perfume, and make-up products..!!
Complain on the ebay 'resolution' page.... total waste of time. I was this close👌to closing my ebay account :mad:

BORA stuff here….https://www.keybladesandfixings.com/collections/bora

They don’t appear to stock the 6x4 but have the rest.

Yeah similar vein... ordered a Makita cordless mower via Toolstation's ebay website as there was a 15% off deal.
Clearly advertised on the selling page, it even said "save 15% today"
Went through the whole process of put it in basket/go to pay etc only to be told 'sorry that offer has expired'
NO..!! the offer is still showing on the selling page..!!
Email Toolstation, nothing to do with them as their ebay page is run as a separate entity.
Complain via the ebay online chat "thats ok i fully understand sir, i will give you a code to get 10% off"
Apply code... 'that code is not valid' unghh..??
I was very generously given a 10% discount code to be used on bags, perfume, and make-up products..!!
Complain on the ebay 'resolution' page.... total waste of time. I was this close👌to closing my ebay account :mad:
Why not use Toolstation's main web site?

Yes ........... but that wasn't the point, was it?

The point of the post was "Things that bug you" my bug is people assuming instead of going a little bit further and getting that information that will help them.
We all know we should not have to do it but we do need to keep our eyes open so we don't get caught out.

It does say on the listing the seller is in Germany so everyone should be aware we have to pay ex duties to import
Where for the life of me I cannot see it?
Bora CK12S Portable Sawhorse Work Support : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
£160.47
£17.40 delivery February 5 - 8.
Details
Press details and there you go no digging it's all there.

Now we are not part of the EU we all have to pay import duties it has been in the news for months
Found it -Bu88er!!!!!!

The onus is on the buyer(who is also the importer) to pay the duty not the seller. If sellers advertised that duty has to be paid the buyer may go elsewhere and the seller looses the sale. The bottom line rules!

It does not, this is why you have to check yourself, press details and a little lightbulb comes on in your head Oh I have to pay extra from the EU
so how difficult would it be for Amazon (UK) to add 'excluding taxes and duty' for UK buyer along side the price. The reason will be they will have already run a trial with this facility and found their revenue drops if they warn the buyer there are hidden charges. It's a scam. :)

Back