Thin Birch Plywood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooeee

Established Member
Reaction score
Been trying to locate the best possible place to buy thin Birch plywood
1.5mm, 3.0mm, & 6.0mm, only lucks been with some model shops but they charge an absolute fortune for 300mm X 600mm pieces, so need to find out where the best place to buy 2400mm X 1200mm sheets of the 3.0mm and the 6.0mm and I think they only sell 1.5mm boards 1500mm X 1500mm.
Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Mooee

Pity you didn't say where you are.....

The better quality furniture grade stuff comes from Finland rather than Russia or Latvia and the many of the thinner sheets are only imported in 5 x 5 ft (1500mm sq) sizes as the intended users are in furniture manifacturing and this size gives them the least waste. If you are in the North West I'd suggest Pennine Timber near Oldham (they're also on Tilbury Dock) - these guys are importers and deal in pack quantities (200+ sheets for 3GL or 1.5mm) but they will sell you single sheets if you collect. Needless to say as importers they do not offer a cutting service. Another source in the NW is Peter Benson Plywood in Darwen who will cut to size. I've used both these firms for a few years and would recommend either unreservedly. For the south of England I'd start by trying Silverman, now part of Timbmet, although personally I cannot vouch for their service or quality.

Scrit

Thanks for the replies I am in Hertfordshire so there is a Siverman in Borehamwood about 20 miles away so will try them tomorrow.

Cheers for all the help.

Latest posts

Back