There be a storm brewin'......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBen

Established Member
Reaction score
Curious as to why no one has posted anything about it.

Are we all calm and not bothered or has no one posted because you're all out panic buying?

I do remember the 'great storm of '87' despite being only 5 at the time.

Do we think its going to be similar or are they flapping for nothing?

Would be interesting to hear what y'all think.

Lot of hot air. I reckon their supercomputer is pants. It's calm as anything here. Lots of blue sky today and hardly any rain. Good choice of film tonight though....A Perfect Storm.

Well I saw Michael Fish on tv this morning saying it was coming.
If his hurricane track record is anything to go by, we will need lots of sun cream.

Hope it pippers off really, got a big tree in the garden that's a bit iffy - if it goes one way its stuffs a fence and a greenhouse, other way its the garage, another way and it might hit the decking - last way does another fence and really annoys the neighbour... so not all bad then.

No skills":12qrggnr said:
Hope it pippers off really, got a big tree in the garden that's a bit iffy - if it goes one way its stuffs a fence and a greenhouse, other way its the garage, another way and it might hit the decking - last way does another fence and really annoys the neighbour... so not all bad then.

Hmm, in the last one my mum's Bramley tree went down, now I've got a Bramley, I really hope that goes down too. If the wind's in the right direction, it shouldn't cause much problems either.

That's because it's at its peak in the early hours!

Back in 87 we were without electricity for 3 weeks - don't want a repeat of that?

Rod

Harbo":24s8jjav said:
That's because it's at its peak in the early hours!

Rod

Well, it's just gone three in the morning and it's only raining here a bit - certainly not a "hurricane"! And wasn't South Wales meant to be one of the worst affected areas?

The hype over what has been nothing out of the ordinary (at least round here) is absolutely pathetic. We'll find out tomorrow but if they have got it completely wrong then I think someone should be made answerable for costing the economy tens of millions with needless travel disruptions.

Mark

Latest posts

Back