The Wood Whisperer's clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kafkaian

Established Member
Reaction score
I am slightly jealous :lol:
whisperer.jpg

How many does he need?!!!

First thing I noticed was that he has "Turtles" written across his t-shirt; didn't even see the clamps behind him! :oops:

:)

He had Bessey and another brand, then he bough a few of the new Jet and was so impressed that he stocked up a lot of those and made a nice clamp rack foor all hs clamps.

Mind that in the United States of Cheap Tools the Bessey only cost around $30 :roll: and the Jet parallel clamps around $20 :shock:

tnimble":2zqv9any said:
He had Bessey and another brand, then he bough a few of the new Jet and was so impressed that he stocked up a lot of those and made a nice clamp rack foor all hs clamps.

Mind that in the United States of Cheap Tools the Bessey only cost around $30 :roll: and the Jet parallel clamps around $20 :shock:

And that with the near 2:1 exchange rate. Such luxuries

tnimble":28pch6fv said:

Judging by the ratio of blatant advertizing to actual woodwork in his videos, I doubt he has ever paid for a tool in his life :wink:

Sawdust":20ss7nte said:
tnimble":20ss7nte said:

Judging by the ratio of blatant advertizing to actual woodwork in his videos, I doubt he has ever paid for a tool in his life :wink:

What was it he said about loose tenons:

Whispering Woodworker":20ss7nte said:
I have a tool that is Fes-Cool

Well at £500 you must be joking mate!!!!!

Although I do like his approach I do have to say. Apart from Mr Maskery, I find US teaching methods easier to follow. Whether the general accent and intonation is more compatible with my neural networks that has anything to do with it, I don't know!

Sawdust":3vt571zk said:

I believe the clamps where bough in the pre my-income-is-from-podcast-and-sponsoring era. If I remomber correctly the FesCool Domino was the first.

kafkaian":3jvsxypy said:

Still due to the weight of the clamps importing a few of the JET clamps adds up in delivery cost in the $500 range. Shipping a crate or so with a freight service would be a different story.

tnimble":femsbya9 said:
kafkaian":femsbya9 said:

Still due to the weight of the clamps importing a few of the JET clamps adds up in delivery cost in the $500 range. Shipping a crate or so with a freight service would be a different story.

Did he get a loan from Dad?

Big Fat Pig":2zxyqir1 said:
Is it just me or has someone started to unscrew the top of this blokes head ?

Ooohh noooo! That's where he keeps the extra clamps :lol: He can jolly well loan some out on a free the lucky nipper

Anyone tried counting them? I seem to keep loosing track of where I was.

Back