Hafele Shelf Clamp Supports

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff_S

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to fit these shelf support clamps. The thing is that the screws that clamp the glass shelf in place have a chrome cap. I am
assuming that this has to be removed to allow access to a screwdriver/allen key hole to allow tightening and fixing the shelf
in place. There is no way I can tighten these with fingers!

The thing is, I cannot for the life of me figure how to get the chrome caps off. Has anyone any experience of these?

Cheers

Geoff

IMG_4358.jpeg
IMG_4357.jpeg
IMG_4356.jpeg

The thing is that the screws that clamp the glass shelf in place have a chrome cap. I am assuming that this has to be removed to allow access to a screwdriver/allen key hole to allow tightening and fixing the shelf
in place. There is no way I can tighten these with fingers!

Nothing shown on the product page:

https://www.hafele.co.uk/en/product...xing-for-glass-and-wooden-shelves/P-00862101/

I suspect they are one piece.

Make a shallow countersink in the end of a dowel. Blob some hot glue in there. Push onto the end of an unfixed cap and hold until the glue cools. Use IPA to separate the pieces if necessary. Use the tool you have made to tighten them. The friction between glue dimple and cap will be adequate.

A flat-ended dowel with a piece of rubber (bicycle inner tube) glued to it might also work.

Or perhaps use the cycle inner tube to stop pliers marking the chrome, after all you don’t want it so tight that the glass cracks!
One piece? Unscrew one, it might be easier to see, and remove the cap.

check out glaziers supply shops.

Here in Canada,CRL is he place to go for sch stuff - as they have somewhat of a monopoly', but they are so anal in whom is allowed to buy from them, you may have to go to your local glazier in order to purchase

Back