The view to my workshop this morning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob1693

Established Member
Reaction score
20230310_062114.jpg

Yep, took me an hour this morning to dig the wife’s car out, clear the paths & drive just to get the car out, I was ready for my breakfast by the time I was done 😓

There are advantages to living in Bristol ;) we had snow the other day - my wife's 4x4 has a snow setting, even my jag (worst car in the world for snow - RWD and big engine) has a snow setting - but I toook out the (classic) range rover to enjoy some snow - only to find that it had all gone by 8.30 in the morning... none since even though it was trying to snow this morning...

There are advantages to living in Bristol ;) we had snow the other day - my wife's 4x4 has a snow setting, even my jag (worst car in the world for snow - RWD and big engine) has a snow setting - but I toook out the (classic) range rover to enjoy some snow - only to find that it had all gone by 8.30 in the morning... none since even though it was trying to snow this morning...

A Jag switched into the mud/snow traction programme and, more importantly, shod in winter tyres, is a revelation in the snow.

Without the tyres, it's just a squirming visual feast. My BMW's were no better.

Here's the view, from my tractor (not the Jag) from near my workshop yesterday

1678515845060.png

We had about 2mm of snow the day before.

Our problem in bad weather is the few hundred yards between us and main road.
We were lucky. I mentioned to my neighbour that we were looking for a set of wheels to fit with winter tyres and a couple of days later she told me her friend (who breaks cars) had a set of wheels with tyres already fitted - he wanted £120. I said I'd take them without even seeing them. (I had done a few favours for both her and her friend, an suspected he was doing me a favour.)
When he brought them they were brand new Continentals. The local tyre place changes the wheels every spring/autumn for a tin of biscuits.

Our problem in bad weather is the few hundred yards between us and main road.
We were lucky. I mentioned to my neighbour that we were looking for a set of wheels to fit with winter tyres and a couple of days later she told me her friend (who breaks cars) had a set of wheels with tyres already fitted - he wanted £120. I said I'd take them without even seeing them. (I had done a few favours for both her and her friend, an suspected he was doing me a favour.)
When he brought them they were brand new Continentals. The local tyre place changes the wheels every spring/autumn for a tin of biscuits.
How do you get a tin of biscuits to fit your car?

Back