The Ultimate RC Gadget

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stevebuk":qm0d4fz0 said:
, lets wait for a certain horned one to add his comments yet!!
:

I presume you are reffering to me - I've been away and am only just catching up on the delightfully freindly and pleasant interchange that this forum is known for :roll:

Fwiw I agree with rob, its an interesting concept and potentially helpful for newbies but 28 quid is too steep IMO for a triangular bit of composite and four magnets.

with regard to toms rule - surely thats to do with forum members selling stuff to each other, not proffesionals selling their goods retail on the open market - IMO making comments about RC's goods is no different to discussing the merits (or otherwise) of shopping at rutlands.

(and finally as a point of pedantry - moose have antlers, not horns ;) )

big soft moose":4syzsk7v said:
with regard to toms rule - surely thats to do with forum members selling stuff to each other, not proffesionals selling their goods retail on the open market

Where does the point of distinction lie there then? If someone for profit wants to charge (subjectively) too much for something, surely it is worse if it is forum member trying to loot other forum member by using the forum, rather than random commercial entity trying to loot forum members by using the wider commercial world?

(and finally as a point of pedantry - moose have antlers, not horns ;) )

But trolls, of course, can or do have horns.

Jake":33udq9p7 said:
big soft moose":33udq9p7 said:
with regard to toms rule - surely thats to do with forum members selling stuff to each other, not proffesionals selling their goods retail on the open market

Where does the point of distinction lie there then? If someone for profit wants to charge (subjectively) too much for something, surely it is worse if it is forum member trying to loot other forum member by using the forum, rather than random commercial entity trying to loot forum members by using the wider commercial world?

I'm not getting drawn into the same tired old discussion about the for sale rules - my point is that RC's device is not for sale here, but for sale retail comercially, and therefore trying to establish a linkage with the rules governing forum members sales is falacious,

big soft moose":3f33qlww said:
I'm not getting drawn into the same tired old discussion about the for sale rules - my point is that RC's device is not for sale here, but for sale retail comercially, and therefore trying to establish a linkage with the rules governing forum members sales is falacious,

Good old argument by assertion.

Jake":30uqwhmd said:
big soft moose":30uqwhmd said:

Good old argument by assertion.

surely all argument is by assertion - isnt the definition of an argument two or more people asserting different points of view ?

that said if the implication is that its only an opinion no factually evidenced then i would say that this is not so.

Its certainly a fact that the rules you refer to are aimed at forum members for sale posts

its also a fact that RC is selling comercially not via this forum

and thus its demonstrable that the rule you refer do does not cover the circumstances under discussion. QED

It's about logic not about assertions of fact, but don't trouble yourzelf any further.

I made it for those "wanting" to learn free hand sharpening.
It works like training wheels on a kids bike, build confidence to a point of not needing it.
I do it to make a profit, to keep an employee working, to allow the retailer to make his margins.
I use stronger than normal magnets, set in cups to increase their strength, a composite material unaffected by water and easy on the stones, read......more expensive than you have guessed.
The Cdn dollar is strong against the pound right now so imports are going to be more expensive than in the recent past. Retail here is $29.95
Those that buy it, use it and learn the intended skill haven't complained, no returns to date.
I jumped a bit hard on the other Rob, do apologize, please forgive me.
If anyone thinks they can make it cheaper please contact me and I will give you the specs and I will place an order.
How many good ideas never come to market because of the fear of negative feedback? It never hurts to be a bit more constructive in our criticism, the idea is to help not hinder.
Enjoy your what is left of your weekend. Smile!
Rob

robcosman":1jko3ejg said:

Rob

Ahhhhh.... Group Hug everyone,

and perhaps snogs all round, or is that going a smidgen too far? :oops:

robcosman":1a3afs0z said:
I made it for those "wanting" to learn free hand sharpening.
It works like training wheels on a kids bike, build confidence to a point of not needing it.
I do it to make a profit, to keep an employee working, to allow the retailer to make his margins.
I use stronger than normal magnets, set in cups to increase their strength, a composite material unaffected by water and easy on the stones, read......more expensive than you have guessed.
The Cdn dollar is strong against the pound right now so imports are going to be more expensive than in the recent past. Retail here is $29.95
Those that buy it, use it and learn the intended skill haven't complained, no returns to date.
If anyone thinks they can make it cheaper please contact me and I will give you the specs and I will place an order.
How many good ideas never come to market because of the fear of negative feedback? It never hurts to be a bit more constructive in our criticism, the idea is to help not hinder.
Enjoy your what is left of your weekend. Smile!
Rob
Rob, no worries, accepted...done and dusted - Rob

Stick around Jim. It's a regular occurrence here...

Back