The New Yankee Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gotta say i like new yankee workshop, Also though no one has mentioned Woodworks which is an american programme that makes furniture to very high standards, Anyone else watch this show ? I have 7 seasons of it but not sure if theres more

While we're on the subject... Anyone know what happened to Steve from This Old House. He has been replaced by Kevin O'Connor?

The This Old House official website reports that Thomas' departure was "purely voluntary, enabling him to concentrate his creative energies elsewhere in television"

Hi everyone

Tenpin - thanks for that idea about Google Video, I can now watch Norm again. BTW, I luv your avatar :)

Boomer - Yes the Wood Wizard, Richard Blizzard is still on the telly, mind you, you'll have to get up early to see him, about three in the morning...! And, yes he does make models out of wood, he made a tram the other day.

I have his book 'Blizzards Wonderful Wooden Toys' and it features a Rolls Royce which may be the one StevieB is referring to - looks very impressive to me. I did make one of the projects from the book for my grandson, this go-kart:

gokart.jpg

That photo was taken back in 2001 and I had to search through over thirty backup CDs & DVDs to find it, hope you think it was worth looking for.

regards

Brian

Well worth the search Brian. The big smile on your grandson's face suggests that he loved it too.

How does one find out schedules for woodworking shows on TV?

Hope you're all well.

Nick

Nick,

Why?? ......... are you thinking of making the back page a TV times :lol:

By the way, when does issue 2 fall on my mat?

Cripes. You're psychic, Lurker. We are doing the back page as a translation of American terms (Do It Like Norm!) and I was wondering if we might give readers an indication of what's on the box wood-wise at the moment.

Cautiously, I can reveal that the next issue is out on 26th September and those of you wise enough to subscribe should receive it there or thereabouts! I sit here in our spare room fettling the last few pages as we speak.

Good to meet some members at Yandles last weekend. Thanks for coming up to say hi.

Nick

if you have sky then go into the tv guide and click on a-z, then use the colour code at the bottom of the screen to find diy or home programmes list, also in the a-z you can just go to N for new yankee workshop and find them all that way if you know the titles of each programme. Think like this you can get a 2 week list but for say a month listing i'd try the real time website and websites for other channels that show diy stuff.
Hope this helps

Thanks, Darren

Which other channels do DIY stuff? I don't have Sky!

Nick

tenpin":1hvsbsna said:
Norm's my hero....
He has been the reason i started woodworking in the first place...been watching him for years.....
Unfortunately or fortunately whcih ever way you look at it my sky broke 6 weeks ago and me and SWMBO decided to not repair yet as i am currently working on many projects around the house and tv is just a distraction....well i must say iv'e found things to do that i forgot i could...talking..reading to name a few but i do miss Norm :cry:
So i went to google video and searched NYW and low and behold some never seen episodes..... :D :D :D

Aso found something called "Old Cranky".....made me laugh......

try it...

Google video....seach "New Yankee Workshop"

Nick

Nick, that's fantastic, I never thought to try Google video before but I'll be checking in there often. I see he's got the 'making signs' on there and i have some of those to do soon :D

Latest posts

Back