The Fes fetish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andycktm":1keqgxsh said:
I can get my head around the cost of the tool's.
But how can a festool plastic box (empty) cost ££££££

Depends what you do. If (like me) you're moving your gear around from place to place a lot, then having toolboxes that latch together securely and can be wheeled around on a roll-board or on the top of a vac is actually priceless - I use Systainers for everything now. Of course, if you don't need what they offer then you don't have to buy them ;)

wizer":n465ly0w said:
Thanks Chems! ;)

Ahh that is the cheap one I spotted on the bay! That was a steal, who cares if its 110v! I see you've already got a transformer, I had to buy one. Glad someone from here got it. I take it Southern England turned out to be Kent and he was able to drop it off with you?

If you end up buying just one bit to get you started, get the 8mm bit, its by far the most useful.

I'm going to claim that as two cheap domino's I've gotten. Festool bargains are out there, there was a new PS400 body grip jig saw on there for £230 the other week!

Yes, thanks for the tip. He was passing this way so kindly dropped it off.

Actually when he was here he told me he had the cutter set and domino systainer for sale, so I've asked him to bring them back ;) 8)

Won't get a chance to use it for a while, but at least I'm in he club now 8)

Welcome to the most greasy green slope!

Wait till you experience the bit change, its brilliant, why all router don't have that system I don't know. I paid £160 for the full cutter set with dominos, the only festool thing I've bought full price and my 8x40mm stash is empty already.

Back to the main point, it really is the little things, I don't know if its on other vacs as this is only my second, but the rotating end on the festool hose make using the domino so much easier, with the fixed hose it used to twist the tool in my hand as the hose tried got tangled. Its a tiny thing but makes all the difference.

130 he offered it to me for. He says he's used some of the dominos. It's hard to gauge a price unless I know exact numbers. I'll have a chat with him when he comes back.

I might use it in the competition ;)

andycktm":2jyrvxo0 said:
I mean peter Ts got a nilfisk vacuum with green buttons and 4 boxes
with the trade in value of a 2008 porche 911sc :lol:

Only kidding peter :)

I'm insulted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're worth a turbo at least :lol:

andycktm":31o74w3b said:
I can get my head around the cost of the tool's.
But how can a festool plastic box (empty) cost ££££££

They are not just Festool boxes they are made by Tanos for lots of companies and you can get them mush cheaper than Festool sell them for.

Unless you actually use Festool you will never know how good their system is. Take these expensive boxes for instance I can wheel about 5 power tools and a vac safely locked together into a customers house in one hit rather than keep going backwards and forwards to my van all day this saves me time and money and looks much more professional.

FestoolHl850_Box.gif

On the subject of systainers, Bosch and Metabo (possibly other too - Lamello?) introduced their own systainers some time ago - are they all interchangable (stackable) with one another? I'd assume that's the point Chippy was trying to make...

OPJ":2v8mfhk9 said:
On the subject of systainers, Bosch and Metabo (possibly other too - Lamello?) introduced their own systainers some time ago - are they all interchangable (stackable) with one another? I'd assume that's the point Chippy was trying to make...

All the ones named Systainer is from Tanos which is a company owned by Tool Technic which also owns Festool. All those will fit togheter.
Makita, bosch, Metabo, Mafell and Lamello all uses or have used Systainers. Bosch recently launched their own take on this with the new L-boxx. That will not fit systainers.

Olly, yeah they are all systainers and there is a very long list of companies that use them. I have Festool ones, Metabo ones that i bought empty for small tools , screws etc and I have a Mungo (fixings company) sys4 that i keep my 3 makita drills in. They all fit together perfectly.

Ps how did you get on with that elu drill i sold you ?

Chems":3lapqppy said:
Welcome to the most greasy green slope!

Back to the main point, it really is the little things, I don't know if its on other vacs as this is only my second, but the rotating end on the festool hose make using the domino so much easier, with the fixed hose it used to twist the tool in my hand as the hose tried got tangled. Its a tiny thing but makes all the difference.

Chems, make sure you keep an eye on that hose. I have had to return two now, because they keep going into an oval shape and losing all their flexability! They go very stiff and do exaclty what you say your other hose was doing. Just because its festool doesn't mean everything is perfect, this has happened to me on a CTL Midi and the larger CTL 26E. They didn't want to admit it either! Took ages to get sorted. So just monitor that, as I would like to see if it has happened to anyone else. The Germans don't like to admit when thier wrong. That is what the rep told me!!!

jimi43":3ijgnosr said:
wizer":3ijgnosr said:

I said a plane Tom.....not a robotic butcher!!! :D

Anyway...I already have a Ryobi one for course work such as door trimming and rough wood first cut...and it works fine...£5 at a bootfair! 8)

Jim

Since I bought my TS55, I haven't used a plane to trim a door yet. The finish and adjustability is very good with the standard blade. In fact I have bought 2 more standard 48 tooth blades off fleabay cheap for when mine go off for re sharpening.

I am really getting into Festool.

For me they increase my work rate and health, I enjoy my work more and the finish is great too.

Might be expensive but if your at the start of a job and got some spare deposit, why not?

They hold their value very well so its not like your even losing the money anyway.

chippy1970":of0myau0 said:
Ps how did you get on with that elu drill i sold you ?

Yes, thanks, Chris - it's been a real bargain! 8) I still use it with the old 9.6v batteries I had and I haven't yet taken it apart properly to service it but, it's better than all my other drivers and it'll happily drive a 2in screw home without even a clearance hole. :)

Joints":of0myau0 said:
I am really getting into Festool.

So, George, have you bought a Domino yet? :D

I've got 5 Festool things, and they're all fabulous. The way their tools work with the guide rails and extraction are the best things about Festool. But I only get what I really need. I have returned both the Festool planer and drill, as I couldn't see the advantage of them over tools that are a third of the price.

Dan

Latest posts

Back