The curse of Onetel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
Since Onetel has been taken over by Talk talk their broadband has been nothing but a problem. The latest started last week on Wednesday. Called the Indian call center and was given the usual run around - we do not support routers and networks only out touchspeed modems. I set up a stand alone PC using their modem but the problem continued. I could access Outlet Express (E mails) but could not browse the internet with both Firefox and internet explorer. I was told it was a Microsoft problem - I said it could not be as it occurred on two different PC's with different operating systems and with both firefox and internet explorer. I demanded to be put through to a supervisor - now I was through to somebody with a Scottish ascent - could have still been in India - same rubbish - will pass the problem over to technical. I got an SMS saying the problem had been fixed - it still did not work. Called again and after much trying got through to a English person who said technical support only works Monday to Friday 9 to 6. They will respond to me within 72 hours starting Monday but admitted their were rumours of problems with one of their servers. Got another SMS admitting there was a problem - finally got it fixed at 6pm yesterday. I want to change to another provider but BT tells me it could take up to 14 days to change??

Barry,
after reading similar posts to yours I went with Zen from day one a little over a year ago. I also paid slightly over the odds to have a router supplied by them as well. This means that if I forget how to set up the router or the airport (wireless bit on the Mac) they are there to help. English speaking, UK based, always helpful and IMHO well worth the added extra in fees.

I hope you get sorted soon I suspect that BT have given you their standard leadtime for switching and that it would probably happen a lot sooner.

Andy

Back