The cheek on some people!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely real, if I took you down I particular street and we counted the general rubbish bins and the number of houses you like myself would soon realise the numbers don’t add up -and not by 2 or 3 extra bins more like an extra 20+ . It’s only happened since the council changed to fortnightly collections. I’m not saying the o p is trivial in any way just that where I live this problem is far worse. In other nearby areas every few houses there is a old fridge freezer, or a settee and other unwanted furniture just dumped , black bags of god knows what just left because they can’t be bothered to take it to the tip . A couple of weeks ago I accidentally dropped a cigarette but - picked it up but out of nowhere a council enforcement officer promptly fined me £75. for littering. 😳😳
they are not supposed to just fine you they have to give you the chance to pick it up and dispose correctly, so contest the fine!

I remember a documentary about recycling and in one shot the bins were left outside in alley's all the time. The bin men were going down checking the bins before taking them to the lorry and every recycling bin was empty.

Definitely real, if I took you down I particular street and we counted the general rubbish bins and the number of houses you like myself would soon realise the numbers don’t add up -and not by 2 or 3 extra bins more like an extra 20+ . It’s only happened since the council changed to fortnightly collections. I’m not saying the o p is trivial in any way just that where I live this problem is far worse. In other nearby areas every few houses there is a old fridge freezer, or a settee and other unwanted furniture just dumped , black bags of god knows what just left because they can’t be bothered to take it to the tip . A couple of weeks ago I accidentally dropped a cigarette but - picked it up but out of nowhere a council enforcement officer promptly fined me £75. for littering. 😳😳
Not everyone has access to a vehicle to take stuff to the tip. But that is not an excuse for dumping stuff in the street.

You can get rid of a lot of stuff great escape style in your residual waste bin. If you can not give away a settee you can smash it up and feed it into your bin a bit at a time. I disposed of all the old carpets to my house this way, took a few collections for each room but all I had to do was cut it up and bag it and drop a bag in each time.

Things like fridges they can normally take away the old one when the deliver the new.

I have got rid of mattresses a washing machine and loads of other large items in the recycling bin. You just have to get it small enough to fit in and the cover it with normal recyclable items.

Two weeks ago our recycling bins were refused. One had items in a black bin bag and they had changed the rules recently without telling anyone about it. I have no idea why the other was refused; perhaps they were un happy with the first so decided to refuse the second out of principle.

I got rid of a knackered old upright piano by taking it apart, breaking up the wooden parts that weren't worth keeping and topping up the bin before collection day over a few weeks. The cast iron string frame was too big for that, I had to take it to the dump. When I got there a gang of p*keys appeared from nowhere and had it out of the back of my estate car as soon as I opened the tailgate 😆

I find if I have gone over my waste quota, it's just as easy to put everything into black bags, drive up to Wolverhampton and leave it outside a random house with the other waste bags. Top tip for Tuesday, drop in someone else's old postal letters to put them off the scent.

Not everyone has access to a vehicle to take stuff to the tip. But that is not an excuse for dumping stuff in the street.

You can get rid of a lot of stuff great escape style in your residual waste bin. If you can not give away a settee you can smash it up and feed it into your bin a bit at a time. I disposed of all the old carpets to my house this way, took a few collections for each room but all I had to do was cut it up and bag it and drop a bag in each time.

Things like fridges they can normally take away the old one when the deliver the new.
Exactly- I once got rid of a 7ft x 6 ft 3” breeze block wall via the general waste bins a couple of blocks in every bin , took a few weeks but got there eventually, I did see the bin men huffing and puffing when I put too much in the 1st time .😂😂😂

they are not supposed to just fine you they have to give you the chance to pick it up and dispose correctly, so contest the fine!
Once it was brought to my attention I picked it up straight away and apologised-explained I was not myself, I had just received some bad news and I was in extreme pain but ticket issued. Contested the fine but got nowhere so had to pay for fear of it going to court and costing me hundreds, I pointed out all the rubbish nearby and the fridges and freezer’s but to no avail- they can’t catch the fly tipping merchants and those that dump tons of rubbish in the countryside but catch a few decent people who drop a cigarette butt or their child drops a sweet rapper and they appear from nowhere and pounce .( rant over ) it was my cigarette so I took my punishment.

Today I was getting everything ready for our usual Monday bin collection. Emptied out in house recycling bin into the blue lid one. My wife also handed me a dead sunflower to put in our garden waste (brown) bin. I opened the bin to chick the dead sunflower and to my surprise, I found this.

View attachment 141714

Where we live is actually a very nice area, great community and haven't come across a soul who is unhelpful or inconsiderate.

This is purely some walkers from somewhere else (we do get people parking by the shops half a mile away and go on a village walk)

Not only it's not their bin to put their rubbish in after a jolly cup of coffee, just two effing feet to the right is the recycling bin (less than half full) with a blue effing lid and with "Recycling" in Queen's English.

Had it been just the cardboard cup, I would have erupted less as that is biodegradable, but not only it had a recyclable plastic lid, but there was a balled up tinfoil stuffed in the cup when they chucked it. Means this moron had a piece of brownie or sausage roll or snack of some kind and thought this would be a good idea to do this!

Had I been there when it happened, I would have used that poor pipper as target practice with a few cricket balls.

What a dimwit!
Well at least they did not throw it on the floor adding to the litter which often happens

Groan.
If this is your biggest issue, YOU have a problem.
Sure it's not the "right " thing to do. But really !

So to others on the site - what "gets you goat " - like REALLY annoys you, and is it that important.

My real annoyance is the focus on the petty.

What's yours ?
Lets "stir the pot"

Groan.
So to others on the site - what "gets you goat " - like REALLY annoys you, and is it that important.
What's yours ?
Sorry that my annoyance of the stupidity of people who don't care about the environment annoys you, mate.

And never has it been stated that this is my biggest issue.

So, thanks for your contribution 👍

Once it was brought to my attention I picked it up straight away and apologised-explained I was not myself, I had just received some bad news and I was in extreme pain but ticket issued. Contested the fine but got nowhere so had to pay for fear of it going to court and costing me hundreds, I pointed out all the rubbish nearby and the fridges and freezer’s but to no avail- they can’t catch the fly tipping merchants and those that dump tons of rubbish in the countryside but catch a few decent people who drop a cigarette butt or their child drops a sweet rapper and they appear from nowhere and pounce .( rant over ) it was my cigarette so I took my punishment.
Ah, that sucks! It's like a CCTV camera captures when you unknowingly (or due to panic) venture into a one way street in the wrong direction in a new place and you get a penalty issued in a few days with your car reg clearly displayed, but the same camera or other cameras are surprisingly out of order / blurry / obscured by trees when someone smashes your windscreen to steal a car phone charger worth a tenner!

Ah, that sucks! It's like a CCTV camera captures when you unknowingly (or due to panic) venture into a one way street in the wrong direction in a new place and you get a penalty issued in a few days with your car reg clearly displayed, but the same camera or other cameras are surprisingly out of order / blurry / obscured by trees when someone smashes your windscreen to steal a car phone charger worth a tenner!
So true - not to mention the drivers ignoring red lights , speeding and dangerous driving oh and don’t get me started on those super decibel busting explosive rally type exhausts that seem so common nowadays. Grrr 😡

Groan.

What's yours ?
Lets "stir the pot"
There is some merit to these words. I too find these issues of misuse of colour coded recycling bins a tad 'first world problems'.

Is all this rubbish dumping and general behavior not just down to the way society now thinks is acceptable, it is more than likely a generation thing. Standards have fallen over the years for whatever reason and if the police no longer take any interest in burgularies and just accept them as petty crime then where does littering come on the scale of things.

A good example that modern society has a real major problem is when an 80 year old in a mobility scooter is stabbed to death, that says it all about life in the UK and that it has gone right down the pan.

There is some merit to these words. I too find these issues of misuse of colour coded recycling bins a tad 'first world problems'.
This is hilarious!

A "first worlder" educating someone who grew up and spent over two decades in a third world country (and some really rough neighbourhoods in the continent) about first world problems!

I suppose it is trivial to think about the environment, while I have been educated to care about it and treat it as a global or "world problem", I should have taken the approach of, "well, I'm not going to be alive when it's an issue so why bother!"

Back