The beginning of a beautiful relationship?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
So I'm back from Canada for a bit. The missus is now over there permanently, has started work and is loving it (phew!)

I went over there for a week with the hope of finding the sort of property we wanted. We had been working with a real estate agent over there who is married to a woodworker on one of the Canadian forums so we weren't totally behind the curve. What we didn't expect was to put an offer in on a house within 48 hours of being there!

It has been accepted and the sold sign went up a couple of days ago. Clearly one can't have everything so the workshop isn't as big as I'd like:

Theworkshop-full.jpg

The view from the room above:

Viewdownthedrive-full.jpg

It isn't insulated/ boarded out yet but I can't work for several months when I get there (until my residency comes through) so that will at least keep me busy. It does have considerable power though with a 400A supply and both 220 and 110V available.

Best I don't show you the pool!

I have to say that we have only been met with considerable kindness and been made to feel very welcome. I am truly excited about the move and I can't wait to get back out there in September

Cheers

Tim

Nice place Tim.

Hope you're gonna do a nice long thread showing how you kit that 'shop out!

Good luck with the move.

Cheers

Karl

Honestly Tim, I can't tell you how jealous I am!! Though not sure I could put up with the Canadian winters... ;)

Good luck mate.

chisel":3122nphb said:
Wow :shock:

Can't see the attraction myself Tim :mrgreen: :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

Me neither. Sunshine, Blue skies, Green fields, huge workshop, fantastic views, nice people (did he say pool? :shock: )
I mean, why bother?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All that and cheaper tools as well, why would you bother. Spent two years in Canada and loved it, but for me the South of England is the place.

Good luck Tim and keep us up to date with the WS fit out.

tim":2gk8gqtn said:
Best I don't show you the pool! .....................

Cheers

Tim

Oh go on! Show us the pool! :)

RogerM":2tp5kd89 said:
tim":2tp5kd89 said:
Best I don't show you the pool! .....................

Cheers

Tim

Oh go on! Show us the pool! :)

It says quite a lot about woodworkers that no one has to see the house yet either! :lol: :lol:

T

tim":15pr3yac said:
It says quite a lot about woodworkers that no one has to see the house yet either! :lol: :lol:

hell .. i thought that was the house - ie a workshop with living space above.

Tim: I maybe missed a previous thread but this one doesn't say where in Canada that you will be moving to ??? I'm located at Edmonton, Alberta where anyone who doesn't live here is terrified of our winters. Actually, winter here is not all that bad & we rarely are subject to extremes. My wife & I prefer our winters to those that we experienced when living on the west coast south of Vancouver. In any case welcome to Canada. Hope you are not planning to move your 50 cycle equipment to Canada which is 60 cycles instead.

Lee

Okay, you asked for it:

Thehouse-full.jpg

Pool-full.JPG

Dogheaven-full.jpg

I reckon its okay - nearly a swap for our house in the UK

Cheers

T

Lee Brubaker":1btyr28s said:
Tim: I maybe missed a previous thread but this one doesn't say where in Canada that you will be moving to ??? I'm located at Edmonton, Alberta where anyone who doesn't live here is terrified of our winters. Actually, winter here is not all that bad & we rarely are subject to extremes. My wife & I prefer our winters to those that we experienced when living on the west coast south of Vancouver. In any case welcome to Canada. Hope you are not planning to move your 50 cycle equipment to Canada which is 60 cycles instead.

Lee

Its near Toronto. I'm taking a small risk (having talked to a few folk) about the frequency diffenence. Given that it will cost a lot of money to replace my failry new power tools I think its worth the risk that they might burn out a little quicker over in Canada instead.

Thanks for your welcome - I'm not there yet but the missus is.

Cheers

Tim

Latest posts

Back