The bandsaw book?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pe2dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen a 'how to look after, set up and maintain your bandsaw'
mentioned a couple of times.

No full title / author?

Any recommendations please. I'm bidding on a 'stored for ten years'
job on ebay and thinking I might need it?

Dave

I have one called "The Bandsaw book" by Lonnie Bird. Its helped me for a few things but cant comment on how it compares to other books.
isbn 1561582891

tiler99":29d0crkm said:
I have one called "The Bandsaw book" by Lonnie Bird. Its helped me for a few things but cant comment on how it compares to other books.
isbn 1561582891

This seems to be the other one.

I'm looking for setting up/maintenance aspects etc.

Was bird good for that please?

Dave

There is also "The Bandsaw Handbook" by Mark Duginske - I have not got the book - just the video "Mastering Your Bandsaw" but I have his book "Mastering Woodworking Machines" which covers bandsaws as well.

Rod

There's about a book's worth of bandsaw stuff here.
Failing that why not try a trip to your local library - then if you really need to have a copy for yourself you know what you're getting.

MarkW":25vag0rk said:
There's about a book's worth of bandsaw stuff here.
Failing that why not try a trip to your local library - then if you really need to have a copy for yourself you know what you're getting.

I went down this afternoon. Nothing with bandsaw in the title.

I'd have to order one.

Thanks for the links. A few 404's, but will give me a start.

Dave

The 'bird' book was the first book on machinery I bought and made using a bandsaw a pretty smooth and easy operation, I can highly recommend it. And it holds it's value, I sold it after a few months once I got the knowledge and got most of my money back to re-invest in other material :)

ByronBlack":yhjzrc5x said:
The 'bird' book was the first book on machinery I bought and made using a bandsaw a pretty smooth and easy operation, I can highly recommend it. And it holds it's value, I sold it after a few months once I got the knowledge and got most of my money back to re-invest in other material :)

Now that's the sort of book buying I could go for! Bookmooch in spades.

Thanks, seems there's not much in it. I'll see what our
local bookshops have got!

DaveP

I recently bought and read the Lonnie Bird book. I find it very helpful but EXTEMELY repetetive. This works well to drum certain points in, but I found a little tedious.

WiZeR":b52vvndn said:
I recently bought and read the Lonnie Bird book. I find it very helpful but EXTEMELY repetetive. This works well to drum certain points in, but I found a little tedious.

Useful. Thanks. Especially when it is quite a bit more expensive than
the other one.

Mind made up.

(Just hope I win the bid on the bandsaw this afternoon!)

Dave

Latest posts

Back