Thank you Jed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm now the proud owner of Jedmc571's festool router, arrived this morning. Now I won't normally started a new post but i think Jed, The Man, needs a bit of public recognition for been a top bloke. His correspondence right through the transaction has been brilliant. The router is practically brand new and as described. He also included a free gift and x'mas card. I know he went to a lot of trouble and expense getting this to me asap. The packaging was excellent. As well offering full refund if i wasn't 100% happy!!!! I can say after a spending some time chatting tools on the phone with Jed he is genuine nice guy. But as usual you can't please everyone especially those unlucky punters that missed out on a LIKE NEW FESTOOL OF1010 for 200 notes !! woohoo
I'm one smug ..... :lol: :lol:
Thanks again Jed.

Alex":1e49n7fk said:
I'm now the proud owner of Jedmc571's festool router, arrived this morning. Now I won't normally started a new post but i think Jed, The Man, needs a bit of public recognition for been a top bloke. His correspondence right through the transaction has been brilliant. The router is practically brand new and as described. He also included a free gift and x'mas card. I know he went to a lot of trouble and expense getting this to me asap. The packaging was excellent. As well offering full refund if i wasn't 100% happy!!!! I can say after a spending some time chatting tools on the phone with Jed he is genuine nice guy. But as usual you can't please everyone especially those unlucky punters that missed out on a LIKE NEW FESTOOL OF1010 for 200 notes !! woohoo
I'm one smug ..... :lol: :lol:
Thanks again Jed.

"But as usual you can't please everyone" So he does not get a reply to his PM and now you take the michael out of him, this helps how :?:

There is nothing wrong with a tool gloat, I can recommend it, but rubbing salt in Alan's wound is a step to far. There has been a couple of problems connected with for sale items lately, and IMHO threads like this are not going to help.

Cheers

Mike

I'd just like to re-iterate that my posts on the other thread are entirely general comments and not linked to this transaction directly or aimed at anyone in the transaction or trying to bid. Just trying to be constructive.

The op's post in this thread however must come across as provoking, in part, to other people trying to buy this item.

I'm out of this discussion from now. I don't like the tone of it or where it is going.

Oh and by the way Alex, if you need some help or advice from those involved remember to call them Punters in your question for a speedy answer.

Peter.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I just don't get this anymore ? or understand how it's got to this point.

I'm bowing out of this Forum for some time till the dust settles.

Glad you're happy with it Alex

Jed

What the hell is going on here? Someone says thanks and gets instantly shot at. Why?

We have had a couple of 'new' posters come on recently wanting to change the forum, or making snippy comments. What's going on?

In an attempt to steer things back in the correct direction...:

Alex, glad you're happy with your new purchase! I bought a couple of items from Jed once before, and fully back what you've said. My purchases were older than yours, but still kept in very good condition and I'm very pleased with them, plus I also had a good chat with Jed - a genuine guy who I'd do business with again without a second thought.

Jed, sometimes the most innocuous of things can turn 'a bit odd' on a forum but rest assured that most people on here are more interested in seeing what you do with that new workshop, so please do stick around and get your tablesaw gloat in soon!

Only one thnig though Alex, following a gloat like that you now have to show us what you've made with your new router! Failure to post a WIP in the next 30 days will result in the immediate and enforced sale of the tool to another forum member. For £150. :lol:

Nice that someone is over the moon with their new purchase. As with others, don't you think it is the wrong time of year, in fact any part of the year for that matter to be miffed when something doesn't work out their way. Enough said.

Merry Christmas to all and a HAPPY NEW YEAR :ho2 .

jedmc571":yn2rg21k said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I just don't get this anymore ? or understand how it's got to this point.

I'm bowing out of this Forum for some time till the dust settles.

Glad you're happy with it Alex

Jed

I dont blame you for being annoyed Jed I too bowed out (as you put) for a while last year as I got fed up with certain members just arguing for arguments sake. I told you you should have put it on Ebay :lol:

PS Alex hope you realize what a bargain you got there I bought an OF1010 full kit with the 800 rail in 110v for £317 a few months ago and that was cheap.

My two pennorth:

I also pulled back for a while, but I don't think Jed should bow out, even temporarily.

I got sick of what were, honestly, ignorant comments. We shouldn't have to put up with them.

If we want to self regulate we should all tell people who offend without good reason to pack it in, for the good of all. Not leave it to a few, or to the moderators. That way we will preserve the best part of this forum - the cameraderie and group spirit.

Anyone here read the book "Emotional Intelligence"? There's a lot to it but basically boils down to realising that your first reaction is not always the correct reaction but also that you can choose how to feel about things.

If everyone starts having a go at others for what they perceive to be ignorant comments then there remains a high risk that we'll remain in a rut. By contrast, choosing not to react is perhaps a smarter approach.

I get baited on a fairly regular basis and simply smile and shrug. I've seen too many people get bent up about the silly nonsense that prevails.

Water off a ducks back...
Just ignore them...

To name but a couple of wise expressions.

Some of us a simply more sensitive and therefore more susceptible to reacting. It takes a lot not to react when you're of this bent (I live with a prime example!) but it's so much more effective a lot of the time.

I've read 'Emotional Intelligence' (I think it's about 10% as good as people reckon) and it isn't MY emotional intelligence that is in question, it's that of someone who makes disruptive posts.

You can ignore other people's behaviour all you want, and it won't make the slightest bit of difference, why should it? You aren't even telling them they have offended you! They think you don't mind...

I'm not advocating vigilantism, just the informing of some people that we don't do that sort of thing here.

If someone is intending to be disruptive then they're doing it for a reason - usually seeking attention and wanting a reaction. Just ignore it. They're only being truly disruptive once they've got everyone going.

I think a few thicker skins might be the order of the day. Also, if someone offends/annoys you then ignore them, not the forum as a whole as thats just daft: unless the whole forum annoys you in which case wot you doing here?

I must say that I was surprised to see this thread debated. Obviously sometimes people can't let things drop.

I guess I'm in that category of baiter? It's all banter chaps. Let's get some perspective.

I am deeply offended by all this. No reason why, in fact I haven't even read the entire thread or understood it, I just want to say how offended I am to show how morally virtuous I am and that I'm better than all of you who aren't offended

Aidan

p.s. so is my wife who hasn't even seen the thread

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I admire your honesty :lol: :lol:

I'm glad 2 of us don't understand it :wink:

Have a proper chrimbo :ho2

Cheers

Jed

Latest posts

Back