Tenon Jigs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a home made one of these, and find it far more accurate and quick than a bandsaw, however there may be a good reason that influences that...

My table saw is critical, so is expensive, my bandsaw is low quality, so blade does wander about.

I think this may be the same for lots of people, esp home users, a table saw will always cut clean and straight, and with bandsaw it looks like the side of a mountain face...

That doesn't mean the bandsaw way doesn't work if you have either / or i) the right bandsaw or ii) the right jig

I don't have any jigs for bandsaw, mainly for reason 1, i use it for cutting curves in plywood only... so just not in that frame of mind.

for long pieces, i do the shoulders on the TS, as that's what you see, and the cheeks on the BS, and larger pieces tend to have larger margin for error anyway...

I don't use any safety guard, as they tend to get in the way, i have to be sensible and watch out for my fingers, and using a jig in fact keeps fingers away, so con't see why this kit is not safe... anyway...

so i think whilst both posters robustly defend their preferred method, it's whatever "works best for you" and perhaps some of the "that won't work" criticism levelled at the other technique is slightly unwarranted.

I live TS method, but if I need longer pieces, or uneven shoulders, i find a way - isn't that part of what we do?

I'm off to look at the youtube of "The Ultimate Tablesaw Tenon Jig" now, and idea where i can see the plan or in action video of Steve's Bandsaw jig?

wcndave":9ol8oeh9 said:
any idea where i can see the plan or in action video of Steve's Bandsaw jig?

Er, no! It's not been published yet and I haven't filmed it. I am thinking of doing so, though, it could be the basis of a WE6. Extra Time, as it were. A bit like whatsiname's final final tour.

S

Latest posts

Back