Tapping

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite naturally, this left the bolt a little proud of the plate.
Just grind the heads flat with the surface, I've done it a number of times and only issue is if you have too much to remove which means nothing left to remove the screws later if you need to.
Can always get around that with a drill and extractors though.

True stainless steel is non magnetic.
If your mag switch sticks to it then its only rust resistant steel.

Lucky you got the name wrong or it wouldnt have worked at all. =D> =D>

+1 for grinding the head/s down. +1 for sunnybob's comment about ss too. The trouble with ss is it's like saying "hardwood"! Example, we have lots of bits of "ss" in our kitchen, as I guess you have too. It all looks like ss and acts like it, but some is magnetic, some isn't.

Its a type of stainless, yes.
But if you take it to a scrap yard the man will produce his trusty pocket magnet and if it sticks, the price will drop dramatically.
I kept several scrap yards busy for many years with old catering equipment and that magnet never left my side :lol:
But whatever, it worked for you and thats all that counts. =D> =D>

SS is an alloy.
it falls in to 3 main types (there some outliers but they can be ignored for the most part)
1, austentic
2, ferretic
3, matenistic

2 and 3 are magnetic.
you'll find almost all of the "grades" will fall in to 1 of these 3.
430 is ferretic.

Slightly bizarre this but having done that little job I thought I ought to reinstall the riven knife and blade guard assembly which I did earlier today. I'm not getting some binding when I make a cut and having removed and re-sat the whole assembly several times I turned to that great oracle known as Youtube. First video I watched I'm looking at it, thinking "This is my table saw!" - not one like it, but my actual machine. How weird is that?

Latest posts

Back