tablesaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Did a bit of surfing yesterday and when on the Laguna site I had a look at the Laguna tablesaw specifications. The starting weight of a tablesaw was 900lbs. Most of the saws I have come across at English shows seem to be in the 200lb weight range. So it looks to me as if we are getting dished up with a lot of tin boxes???????

Does anyone know if there is anything knocking around in this quality under £3000 ?

devonwoody":2lw5g21o said:
Did a bit of surfing yesterday and when on the Laguna site I had a look at the Laguna tablesaw specifications. The starting weight of a tablesaw was 900lbs. Most of the saws I have come across at English shows seem to be in the 200lb weight range. So it looks to me as if we are getting dished up with a lot of tin boxes???????

Does anyone know if there is anything knocking around in this quality under £3000 ?
That's possibly the Robland E-300 that you're looking at (sold by Laguna as their own). If you want the weight you'll have to pay the money - same as buying a car, really. You'd hardly expect a Landrover Discovery for the same price as a Suzuki Vitara, would you?

Oh yes, and the only British-built saw of trade/ampro quality is the Sedgwick TA (as sold by APTC, et al). I think the new Wadkin's are now beyond reach.

Scrit

I have just bought a sedgewick,and its proper heavy duty,the way British machinery used to be made!
Chris

Chris72":29focfel said:
I have just bought a sedgewick,and its proper heavy duty,the way British machinery used to be made!
Which one is that, Chris? A TA?

Scrit

PS Nice drive by! :lol:

Sedgwick don't have a web site (a bit "modern" for them) but they do sell through JMJ Woodworking, Scott & Sargent, APTC, etc. If you want to contact them they are in Leeds:

M Sedgwick & Co.Ltd
Stanningley Field Close, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS13 4QG
Tel: 0113 257 0637

Scrit

devonwoody":1h5np245 said:

For that sort of money your into the Felder/Hammer range, certainly the Hammer fits into the budget. single or three phase. If your looking at s/h or new British then you could try along with Scrit's suggestions DB Keighley in Leeds 0113 2574736, or Blundell Woodworking 01376 346565, I've bought from both of these and good service & advice.

Yup, TA 315 its a beast!.Noticed after I got it home that it doesnt have any mitre slots,guess I shall have to do some mods to allow the use of a tenoning jig with the sliding table.
If anybody wants a simple but heavy duty saw look no further than the sedgwick!!!!!!

I was really surprised that the TA doesn't have a slot. I have a Sedgwick LK (no tilting blade, but tilting fence) for ripping and that has no slot, but then it's a rip saw, so what's the reason for a slot?

Scrit

Back