Tablesaw blade ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeElms

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to buy a new rip blade for my tablesaw, a Scheppach 2500CI. I have a good CMT crosscut blade, and the rip blade supplied with the saw, which, however, is a larger diameter than the CMT crosscut blade. This means I have to adjust the riving knife position every time I change the blade.

The blade I need is a 24 tooth (approx.), 250mm diameter, 30mm bore, 3.2mm kerf blade with the 'pin holes' for the Scheppach.

Does anyone know of a source for such a blade ?

Theseare v.good blades IMHO

Their industrial ranger are even better, so I'm told.

wizer":31npwj8j said:
Theseare v.good blades IMHO

But not available in 3.2mm kerf, unfortunately. My riving knife is 3.0mm thick, so I want the kerf to be just a little wider. Both the blades I have currently are 3.2mm, but I can't find a blade that matches my requirements anywhere.

Pay your local saw doctor a visit, if a blade isn't available off the shelf they should be able to take a suitable blade and change the bore , put pin holes in etc.

Thanks for that. It had occurred to me as a possibility, but I was hoping that I could get one 'off the shelf'. It does appear that the combination isn't available though.

Unless someone know differently ...

I doubt you will find the precise spec unless you buy a Scheppach blade, which will cost more than an equivalent quality blade.

If you want a mail order solution, you could call the likes of Cutting Solutions, or maybe Wealden.

If I were you, I would be replacing the CMT crosscut rather than the rip blade with something the right size, rather than loosing ripping (and cross cutting) depth unnecessarily.

I have received a PM with a pointer to a Freud industrial blade that seems to meet the spec. (it looks like the pinhole positions are correct, but I would have to check that). However, I suspect it would be rather expensive.

I will consider the alternative approach of replacing the crosscut blade, although I'm not sure the Scheppach blade is a common size (another thing to check).

Freud are overpriced for the quality. A saw doc will be able to supply a German made industrial quality blade at least as good for significantly less money (and way less than some which are being heavily marketed around here).

I think a saw doctor is the way to go ... either to supply a blade, or to add the pin holes to a blade obtained through conventional retail channels.

Just a little more hassle than I had expected to get what seemed to be a straightforward item.

hello LeeElms,
I used to have a scheppach 2500CI & have a pair of sawblades remaining which I don't use on the new saw (sedgwick TA315).

The old blades are in used but good condition.

1 - scheppach brand 270diameter / 30bore / 24tooth (rip blade)/kerf 3.2mm

2 - norfolk saw own brand 270 diameter / 30 bore /48 tooth (crosscut) / kerf not stated but believed to be also 3.2mm.

Both were used with the same riving knife no problems.

If you want these you can have them (free of charge) - pm me your address & I'll arrange post.
regards,
Catface

Back