Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balbus

Reaction score
Sorry to begin with such a well-worn question but I'm hoping to buy a new table saw — because I've just been to the tip to dispose of the corpse of my Bosch GTS 10. I burnt out the motor (don't ask) but anyway it was a horrible noisy thing.

So I would welcome some advice.

High on my list of criteria are a cast-iron table and an induction motor. I know the Axminster TS-200 gets a lot of good reviews here (and the size would be good as I only have 10ft by 14ft of shed to house it and all my other kit) but having seen it in the flesh I was very unimpressed with the way the fence grinds as you slide it along the rail and by the quality of the locking levers.

I also like the idea of a standard US 27in table, on the grounds that I might fit one of those nice router table extensions one day.

I very much like the look of the Xcalibur 802, but it would be hard for the Woodford website to be less informative. (How hard is it to put up some detailed high res pics these days?)

Anyway, Conway Saw & Supply are in West Brom, much closer to me, and they have what looks like the same machine (I believe they're all made by Mao Shan) though their site is pretty short on details too! I wondered if anyone knows if it is in fact the same and also if anyone has had any dealings with Conway and has any views on them.

Thanks in advance.

Back