Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just won a table saw on e-bay, it is the SIP 12" cast iron model. Got to pick it up yet which will be a couple of weeks time, question is does anyone know how much this beast weighs and does it come apart for carrying? I do hope so as it will have to go through the house. :oops:

Got it for a good price too. I was watching it but too big for me.

Oh and 212 kg gross weight

I think it would be mainly down to the fact that it is a heavy power machine (16amp) but congrats on the saw. it had a good review in a mag a while back. I dont think they were too impressed with the extraction though.

Hi Mailee,

You have got yourself a excellent table saw there. Here's a review I did on mine. Sorry about the missing photos, but the web site where I stored them back then has gone and so have the pictures. Let me know if you want to see anything in particular and I will see what I can do.

The saw will break right down, (the base, the two side extension tables, and the rear extension). I do not know if you are getting a sliding table with yours, but if so all that will come apart also.

Even when you have dismantled the main table it's still a heavy beast, so make sure someone helps you load and unload it.

Is there a wheel kit included with your one? If not then I would get one from SIP, because at £40 it is well worth the money.

You will also need a 16 amp circuit fitted.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... sc&start=0

If you need to know anything else just ask.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,
try shutterfly, they have been recomended by sony imagestation (its closing in feb)

Mailee, well done mate :) you wont know yourself once you get it up and running, my 10" has completely changed my woodworking!! :wink:

Many thanks for the info on this saw. I am looking forward to picking it up in a week or two even if it means hard work to get it into the workshop and rigging up the power to it. Mike I use this: http://www.imageshack.us/ for all of my pictures for the site. May be of help to you and it is free of course. :D

Back