Stanley Gas fired Super Star boiler 80,00BTU

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quintain

Established Member
Reaction score
Not a thingy for cutting, planing. jointing wood BUT I welcome reaching into anyone's head who can help me.

My house cooker & central heating boiler is a Stanley Super Star gas fired 80,00; Aga type cast iron great machine.
It is 30 yrs old and I want to carry out major renovations to the gas burner.
One renovation would be to replace the original and still working "Ecoflam Azur 30" gas burner.
2 x plumbers/heating engineers about 10 yrs ago looked at it and both said about the Ecoflam gas burner "good grief that's complicated" or words meaning such.

Does any one have any knowledge of this cast iron gas powered beast

Not a thingy for cutting, planing. jointing wood BUT I welcome reaching into anyone's head who can help me.

My house cooker & central heating boiler is a Stanley Super Star gas fired 80,00; Aga type cast iron great machine.
It is 30 yrs old and I want to carry out major renovations to the gas burner.
One renovation would be to replace the original and still working "Ecoflam Azur 30" gas burner.
2 x plumbers/heating engineers about 10 yrs ago looked at it and both said about the Ecoflam gas burner "good grief that's complicated" or words meaning such.

Does any one have any knowledge of this cast iron gas powered beast
What would wear out the jets, the ignition and the fan??

If it is anything like the gas fired Aga we used to have it was simply a gas burner that heated a boiler. When our burner degraded and needed replaced. I managed to track it down using a patent number stamped on the side. Strangely enough I ended up speaking to the engineer who designed it. I managed to get a replacement that i got a friend who was registered gas fitter, to install.

Last edited:
What would wear out the jets, the ignition and the fan??
not the jets presumably but all the electronics and bearings etc etc etc and of course it is 'yesterdays and longer ago technology' that is why I am trying to find out if there is a modern simpler system to replace it.

Back