Table saw under £150? Ryobi ETS 1526AL?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have now bought myself the ryobi 1526.
Not as difficult to set up as so.e suggest, but it was time consuming..... But then so is woodwork

The throat plate is useless, about 1mm below the table height. Will need a replacement made from wood.
I have a piece of maple I'll try.

The miter guage has 0.5 mm play. I think ill try painting one side with something, and make a sled.

Riving knife us tall & must be removed for any rebate cuts.
It's also lots narrower than the blade so I don't see what the point of it is.

Blade angle Is fiddly to calibrate. Blade angle must be re-set after adjusting height. Every time!.

Much quieter than I expected from other comments. But startup noise is scary.

First spin produced burning plastic smell. But after that it was fiine.

I have managed square ripps before any modifications.

For £150 I'm keeping my expectations realistic. But there's no excuse for slop in the miter guage or throat plate. That's bad mould design in the casting of the parts.

I also have one of these Ryobi saws ....The mitre gauge is a waste of time , but as i only brought mine for ripping it doesn't effect me ,and the Ryobi blade is as much use as a "one legged man in a Bum kicking contest " so that went and with a good blade it's like a different saw ....I paid £130 2nd hand but it was like new hardly used ,the guy i brought it from was scared by the start up noise .

Latest posts

Back