table saw, serious this time

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you search Google for your saw and look at images it comes up with lots of plans of workstations that people have made for the saw. If they don't have exact dimensions you may be able to contact somebody with the same saw.

I've been busy on the farm, work, kids
and writing my own CH control software but I'm back on the tools now on the roubo bench.

I have a table saw being delivered tomorrow, I won't make you jealous by telling you what it is yet :)

it has to be a wadkin, so no I'm not jealous :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I cant build a dedicated bench because it will normally be against a side wall, but whenever I need to cut anything over 20" long I will need to bring it out into the middle of my SINGLE GARAGE workshop space, so no, I'm not jealous at all.

By the way, did I mention I'm not jealous?

It's arriving on a pallet, hopefully in the same number of pieces that it was sent with. If there are more pieces you may not be quite as jealous:)

I'm sitting in my car waiting for the screen to clear, it's -2 here, I bet it's not where you are?

I think I have a few dimensions for you, not perfect but here's what I gleaned

The manual says "The table saw is supplied with a dust extraction adapter for use with nozzles of 35 mm and the DeWALT AirLock system"

The site saw itself is 330mm high, 550mm deep and 580mm wide from here

The stand is 550mm wide and 580mm high from here, the table overhangs the saw body so it make sense for the base to be not quite as wide.

I guess the saw may sit in the stand a little so you can't assume that the combined height is exactly 580+330mm = 910mm high.

We've just had the worst winter for over 10 years (all 2 weeks of it =D> ) All the reservoirs have filled up (from 3/4 empty) and we did get minus numbers a couple of nights. sunrise temps are now around 10, 18 by midday. Spring is a couple weeks away now as long as we dont get any "global warming" setbacks. 8) 8)
Thats the wrong stand.
I'm after the wheeled version https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeWALT-DW745 ... %7Ciid%3A1

Doh, missed the bit about the wheeled version. As you say, confusing, no source gives the full dimensions in use rather than in transit, and some are the boxed sizes.

Bloody parky over here at the moment, I had a nice toasty workshop until Jan 4th when a transformer on the pellet boiler circuit board went kaput, awaiting the replacement, should be any time now, until then it's fan heaters to keep it bearable.

workshop temp jan 2018.jpg

Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• workshop temp jan 2018.jpg
    workshop temp jan 2018.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 290
The Mattias Wandel 'Review' of this saw was interesting.

Despite been given it by Dewalt, he pretty much did a hatchet job on it...

Misaligned mitre slot being the main offender

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Bob

This may give you some ideas on a stand and possible dust extraction, don't bother reading past page one, it descends into repeating itself, not only that, but the first page was updated to include any useful information from the other page's: axminster-ts250-2-modifications-t102284.html

Mike

Bob

I have the DE7400 stand and my Flexvolt saw mounted on it.

The dimensions are:

Stand height to top of mounting brackets: 56cm
Saw table top height, mounted on stand: 90cm

The stand itself is superb but bear in mind that the legs splay out. Once up, the saw/stand footprint is: length 90cm, depth 100cm.

Pat

I've seen wendels hatchet job. strange that he's the ONLY one who hates it, compared to dozens of rave reviews. I know nothing is perfect anymore, maybe they sent him a dud.

I have very little choice here. I have a budget. Its a small budget. And it has to include over a 100 quids worth of air luggage. As long as any problems are fixable, I can fix them. I'm going to get my son to get it and check it out before I get to England, so if its a complete lemon theres a chance to change it out.
The axminster is out on cost alone (more than 200 quid extra before I have to pay shipping).

As far as a stand goes, I'm working under very strange circumstances. My garage floor is stamped concrete, and has a godawful slope from left to right, something like 100 mm + over 3 metres width. I cant build the saw in because I will need it to stack to the side when not in use, and be moved to the middle of the floor when I need anything over 60 cm cut. A wheeled stand gives me the most versatility.

So my choice is limited to one.

Simou, thanks for those measurements, thats exactly what I needed to know. =D>

Latest posts

Back