table saw problems TS2010

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexteria

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently purcahsed a Scheppach TS2010 with extensions and sliding carrage. I'm having a few problems and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice.

1) The sliding carrage was delivered two weeks later than the saw due to availability problems. When I did receive it I found that it had been assembled incorrectly, one the bristol levers does not fit the mating thread (it doesn't tighten just spins), there were parts missing and I find the quality very poor.

2) The table extensons do not line up with the main table correctly. The workpiece will catch on the rear extension and the fence catches on the side one. The side extension also dips in the centre when looking front to back.

3) The main table is convex. I checked my level on a cast iron measuring bed in work and its is perfectly flat. When this is placed on the table it rocks on the high point in the centre which is about 1.5mm higher than the sides.

NMA have been very helpful with regards to the sliding carrage but are having difficulty in sourcing a replacement for me as Scheppach have supplier issues in the far east. I haven't spoken to them about the other issues yet as I had been waiting for the new sliding carrage to arrive before using the saw and have only just discovered them whilst assembling the bits today.

My questions to the forum are:

Has anyone else had problems of this nature with Scheppach goods?
Is the quality that I am experiencing typical of a TS in this price range?
Am I too fussy?

Previously I have only purchased cheap tools and this is my first real "quality tool" buy. Scheppach do advertise themselves as manufacturing quality German tools. I am wondering if I've done the right thing.

PS I based my buy on the review in "Good Woodworking" mag.

TIA

Mark

dexteria":3e9pol42 said:
....snip...
3) The main table is convex. I checked my level on a cast iron measuring bed in work and its is perfectly flat. When this is placed on the table it rocks on the high point in the centre which is about 1.5mm higher than the sides.

Mark

I have no experience of Scheppach machines but even an aluminium table should be better than 1.5 mm out of flat.

Is this with the Blade lowered or raised?
I have seen a lightweight table that distorted when the blade was raised to the point that bearing housings were pressing on the underside

I was not impressed with the Scheppach when I looked at a display model. So much so I bought an Xcalibur instead. I'm only on my second ever table saw, therefore, I am not what you would call an experienced purchaser. However, I'd take advantage of the situation - return the whole thing for a refund and purchase something else.

Hi again,

Thanks for the advice. I've now discovered that it is the insert plate that is at fault. It is only a thin piece of aluminium and has a prenounced bow in it. As it is only srewed down on one side it doesn't flatten out when secured down onto the table so the bow is present blade up or down.

I'm going to call NMA tomorrow.

Thanks again

Mark

Latest posts

Back