Table saw for a novice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazh

Reaction score
Hi everyone :D been surfing through the forum for a while now and thought id say hello some great articles and advice out here talking of which i am looking to get a table saw in the next few weeks in the 3 - £400 bracket whould be most gratefull for any advice as this is my first one and like to get a decent one

unlike the cars that i buy wich last about 3 weeks before blowing up :?

Hi Gaz, welcome to the forum. Try a search of the archives, you'll get a bewildering range of opinions. There is also a sticky thread on forum members table saws. I have a Triton workcentre which I can recommend, especially if you already have a decent circular saw.

cheers

George

Hi Gazh and welcome :)

You can ask 100 members of this forum what tablesaw they recomend amd you are guarenteed to get at least 50 different answers!

The best advice is this - Your tablesaw is a major investment in your workshop, one that you hope will give you many years of good use. Don't buy your saw to a price, buy the best saw you can afford, even if it means saving up for it.

Personally I like cast iron for its stability and weight, and brushless motors for their quietness, so I own an Xcalibur.

Dennis

Welcome :D

Personally,I like to be able to buy tools from somewhere with good aftermarket support (for spares and repairs),and locally wherever possible.
Axminster are very good on delivery and aftersales,so well worth a look.

What features are you after,and whereabouts are you ?

Andrew

Hi Gaz

Welcome to the forum.

PowerTool":2kt3datk said:
Personally,I like to be able to buy tools from somewhere with good aftermarket support (for spares and repairs),and locally wherever possible. Axminster are very good on delivery and aftersales,so well worth a look.

I would agree with Andrew. Recently, I had a problem with a Jet planer and the service from Jet/Axminster was excellent.

As Jorden says, "buy the best you can afford".

Cheers
Neil

The same, buy both the extension tables if you can afford it. When I bought mine some years ago, you could buy the saw table on its own, not sure if that's the case now. Recommend also that you buy a couple of decent 36T blades. The one Kity supply is OK but only has 18T - Rob

Can't give you any specific advice as to which model/make to choose but I would counsel against buying anything 'as a novice'. You won't be one for long :D and then you'll realise the shortcomings of your 'novice' purchase :cry: . So aim high and as others have said buy the best you can afford.

Cheers

Tim

Back