Table Saw Dilemma - Xcaliber or TSCE 12R

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Journeyman_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I have been messing about with wood for a few years now and finally decided to start building my skill set. I started attending some of Chris Tribe's excellent courses at his workshop in Ilkley. I need to upgrade my tablesaw from my Scheppach Ts2000 that has served me well but just hasn't got the capacity I need any more.

So, I popped over to Woodford to have a look at the Cast Iron 10" Xcalibur saw and was seriously impressed. I drove a little further west to Warrington to check out the TSCE 12R. It looks absolutely lovely.

I do want a sliding table on the machine as I have gotten used to one on my last saw. The motor power is very similar, the size of the blade is a bit bigger on the Axi one. I don't really need Dado capability as Im scared enough of one whirling blade as opposed to many and all my panel cutting down is done by Festool Circular saw and rail. I disregarded the Axminster Aw10 and 12 as I felt corners had been cut to price and want a really good saw thats going to last.

So I have a double garage workshop and both of these machines has the footprint to fit so which would you recommend (or even one that I haven't seen??)

Cheers in advance

J

I always tend towards the Excalibur because it's a Delta clone and that's a known excellent design. What appeals to me about the Excal is the long arbor that will take a dado stack. That's what sets it apart from others in the class. All other features are more or less repeated on other similar saws.

Thanks for that bob, I think I have the fear when it comes to Dado heads, perhaps a few episodes of Norm Abrahams will educate me :).

Any one have the TSCE?

Well I have solved the problem, I didn't buy either. I have been talking to Russell at Felder for quite some time now and I was on the phone to him as I was going to have a look at a Hammer Saw Spindle. I am planning on a kitchen refurb and wanted a decent capacity accurate saw. The long and the short of it went down to buy a Hammer and walked out with a second hand Felder 531 combination machine. Im quite giddy now as it arrives in a few weeks.

Just have to shift my old stuff now.

Back