Table saw blade advice sought - from a newcomer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, I am a newcomer to the forum and woodworking, as such I would be grateful for some advice. I’ve managed to pick up some cheap second hand tools, some good, and some nasty. One of which is a cheap and nasty Nutool 1500 tablesaw for peanuts. The blade that’s on there is not great, neither is the fence, but that’s for another day, and I was wondering what people might suggest as an upgrade blade. As I’m about to buy a house I can’t replace the saw, not without risking the wrath of my wife. I have been looking at some of the Freud blades, but as I say any advice would be gratefully received.

Freud are great value/quality - pay attention to the kerf size and riving knife , blade kerf should match the original specification.
But you do need to decide tooth count based on usage , or try a universal blade count.
Finally I would suggest making a sled for it to release some pent up diy fervour , it will be much more useful with a sled - just try to make sure you make one with a good thumb saving design.

robsmuddygloves":2eobzoud said:
Hello all, I am a newcomer to the forum and woodworking, as such I would be grateful for some advice. I’ve managed to pick up some cheap second hand tools, some good, and some nasty. One of which is a cheap and nasty Nutool 1500 tablesaw for peanuts. The blade that’s on there is not great, neither is the fence, but that’s for another day, and I was wondering what people might suggest as an upgrade blade. As I’m about to buy a house I can’t replace the saw, not without risking the wrath of my wife. I have been looking at some of the Freud blades, but as I say any advice would be gratefully received.

I bought a Trend Craftpro from Toolstop for my clarke 10" I was given as the blade fitted was the OEM clarke, and despite having a go at sharpening it, it still gave a poor cut.

https://www.toolstop.co.uk/trend-csb-cc ... 0mm-p70414

Seems to work well for both ripping and cross cutting.
Not bad for £23 inc next day delivery (though I probably could have ordered another blade and paid the same shipping thus reducing the cost)

Freud is the best blade in my limited experience. It definitely outclasses my ryobi saw.

I went for 60 tooth as I cut a lot of hardwoods and wanted a smooth edge.

Thank you all for the information, much appreciated. Looks like a Freud blade it is. Next job, try and do something with the fence...

Plus one for Freud blade's, but with a fairly low power saw table you will have trouble using a universal blade to rip cut long bits of timber, to be honest I think you need at least two blades, one for cross cutting and one for rip cutting.

Have a look below for fence idea's, the price of the Axminster fence has gone up since the article below, but is still good value.

https://www.getwoodworking.com/forums/p ... p?th=32274

https://www.axminster.co.uk/search/?q=F ... upgrade&nR[visibility_search][=][0]=1&

Mike

Back