Plunge saw blade advice ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably just the standard one.

Isnt it typical of Festool. They release a plunge saw with a scoring blade which is perfect for ply, and especially faced boards. Hard to justify owning two machines.

I wish it had came out before I bought mine, might have considered it.

Maybe I should sellotape a small Exakt saw to the front of mine.

Thought I would update this thread , I was advised by Festool to buy this one for ply sheets

FESTOOL 496301 160MM X 20MM X 12T PANTHER SAW BLADE​

£38.95

That's a full on rip blade.
Not cheap either. TCT saw blades used to be £1 a tooth and a lot of them are less than that nowadays. That doesn't look a whole lot cheaper than a standard 48T fine cut sheet material blade.
Not what I'd buy for cutting ply. You're using a tracksaw so presumably want a half decent edge, not just hacking it up for concrete shuttering....

Thought I would update this thread , I was advised by Festool to buy this one for ply sheets

FESTOOL 496301 160MM X 20MM X 12T PANTHER SAW BLADE​

not just hacking it up for concrete shuttering....
That's what I'd use a blade like that for or for solid timber ripping perhaps.

I use a 32T blade in mine and have cut lots of 12 & 18mm Birch ply quite happily with it.

All I can say is that I told them I had 18mm Hardwood ply and this is what they recommended .
I did try the std blade , It laboured and produced some smoke and burnt edges , May need a sharpen.

Also consider the kerf and or sawplate thickness. For example a lot of manufacturers devise their battery powered saws around using a thinner sawplate

Used the Panther blade today for the first time , It's like a knife through butter , Cuts a treat , no burning ,
Just steady forwad motion on the saw , Job done .

Back