Surprise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonluv

Established Member
Reaction score
Took an order for a greater spotted woodpecker at last Saturday Craft Fair --made it and phoned up to arrange delivery just next village mine

Lady, who knew I used recycled wood said she had mentioned my work to her neighbour and he had some wood I could have free of charge.

Must admit last time I was offered wood like this it turned out to be MDF so was a bit cautious.

Delivered Woodpecker met neighbour and would you believe it 80 foot of 22mm x 200mm oak plank plus one piece 300mm x 280 mm x 22mm

And to top it all the Lady bought the big Eagle ( the one I was not happy about) and gave me a bag of Mahogany offcuts

Aren't people nice!

That Oak is perfect for scrolling and will keep you busy for ages, what a wonderful find. The smae thing happened to me when you found out it was MDF that was being given away, in my case it was pine, totally useless for the things I make and on top of that one side was painted. The thing is you can't refuse as they may come up with something better next time. Well done Jon, I hope you make some lovely things from the Oak.

only got this photo which I took in Lady's house

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 983
Over the years I think I have used everyone's white stain , except gel , which I don't think you can get in the UK .
Sorry to upset the "purists" but I have ended up using diluted white emulsion paint applied in layers depending how I want the piece to look

Back